• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Classic airframes Avro Anson Finished

Re: Classic airframes Avro Anson Mk1 1/48

I see the problem now. Its missing about 40% of the elevators. :idonno :rotf

You are getting there Paddy, give it heaps!
looking better each time (y)

Cheers Phil :) getting there slowly..got some wheels and engines now as well :)

DSC_7797_zps1c1ae91c.jpg

Definitely beginning to get some twinges of excitement now. Superb work throughout, Paddy.

Ian

Wow, that is looking nice!!

(you sure its the same plane?) :D

I'm calling this done. Not an easy kit and despite my best efforts there is still resin dust on the inside of the canopy. I didn't find the flightpath PE user friendly at all. Very thick attachment points, very few fold lines marked poor instructions ..and some parts just beyond my skill level.some pictures of the PE folded and fitted would help very much !! The CA kit is good but needs loads of patience. I have to say by the time i was 3/4 of the way through this i was completely fed up with it.
I don't know why ? i just never clicked with it.

DSC_7815_zps5daa3d9c.jpg

DSC_7825_zpse79fe1a6.jpg

DSC_7824_zps92a101e4.jpg

DSC_7823_zps4d3e8594.jpg

DSC_7821_zpsa9f24376.jpg

DSC_7818_zps6c6dc6d6.jpg

DSC_7817_zps09afae4d.jpg

DSC_7832_zpsebe24388.jpg

As always, thanks for looking and the encouragement along the way :).. It was only stubborn pride and not wanting to be beaten that got me through this one :laugh: :laugh:

It looked like a challenging kit from the progress picks but I think you did a fine job beating it into submission.

Thank goodness for stubborn pride (have a bit of that myself).

I think the work on the flaps turned out excellent!

Very nice. I'm glad you were able to take it to the finish. :D

I'm quite sure mine wont be any easier but at least I'll have yours to help me along :coolio

Cheers, Christian B)

Looks great to me (y) (y) I hope mine looks that good when I get around to it. I know what you mean about not clicking with a kit, I've had a couple that were that way and it became a real chore to finish them !

Beautiful work! Very interesting plane, I even have PE parts from this kit. (I got it with 1/48 CMK set Ar-234B by mistke).

All the best!
Dusan.

Apparently it was the first Monoplane in the RAF to have a retractable undercarriage.

Well looking at it positively, you now have a completed 1:48 Anson to a very high standard for your shelf. And how many of us can boast that ???

Great stick-with-it-ness displayed here, well done Paddy.

Ian

Back