• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Classic airframes Avro Anson Finished

I'm calling this done. Not an easy kit and despite my best efforts there is still resin dust on the inside of the canopy. I didn't find the flightpath PE user friendly at all. Very thick attachment points, very few fold lines marked poor instructions ..and some parts just beyond my skill level.some pictures of the PE folded and fitted would help very much !! The CA kit is good but needs loads of patience. I have to say by the time i was 3/4 of the way through this i was completely fed up with it.
I don't know why ? i just never clicked with it.

DSC_7815_zps5daa3d9c.jpg

DSC_7825_zpse79fe1a6.jpg

DSC_7824_zps92a101e4.jpg

DSC_7823_zps4d3e8594.jpg

DSC_7821_zpsa9f24376.jpg

DSC_7818_zps6c6dc6d6.jpg

DSC_7817_zps09afae4d.jpg

DSC_7832_zpsebe24388.jpg

As always, thanks for looking and the encouragement along the way :).. It was only stubborn pride and not wanting to be beaten that got me through this one :laugh: :laugh:

mighty fine finish Paddy :pilot

Classic Airframes kits are indeed a test of one's skills and you have shown yours Paddy! very nicely done!

and doesn't she look sweet! (y)

Very nice, Paddy- you'd never know the wings were such an issue. I'm impressed by the interior- and all that delicate resin framework, too! You, sir, are one heckuva modeller!

Thanks to everyone for your generous comments. (y) These CA kits are certainly a challenge but you get the chance to own a model other manufacturers often overlooked. Detail is down to the builder with most of them and i have to admit i didn't exactly excel here, rather just going through the motions as i didnt really know what to expect with a CA kit other than what others had told me here..
Cheers anyway and if you have a CA kit in your stash.......go for it :)

Very nice finish Paddy. I echo your feelings , these short run kits are definitely more work but well worth the extra bother.

Everyone has a Spit and a FW but this is high point in any collection.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back