• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

C.S.S. H. L. Hunley Sub Verlinden Resin 1/32 scale

C.S.S. Hunley Confederate Mini-Sub 1/32

:hmmm HArdta say Gerry if da snorkle pipe hole was round or not. Just remember there's always a chance that when ya do it one way, it'll come to light the other :frantic Lookin' good so fer (y)

Thanks MP & Ed, I'm glad you like it I guess since there isn't any proof that I could just use some artist interpolation and make it like I want to, Thanks !!

Thanks MP & Ed, I'm glad you like it I guess since there isn't any proof that I could just use some artist interpolation and make it like I want to, Thanks !!

Yep. Take yer best gess brudder! :drinks and then, we sit back & wait N see what turns up down the road...

Texture and paint color looks
he8eed20.gif

Thanks fellers the paint is only the primer coat, but if I dry brush this with a steel color, I think it will look real good. I've been practicing with GWS paints using a warlock Bronze, covered over with a colia green shade then you dry brush with rufang steel. you then get this color.

hda7a834.JPG

hcc0b1da.JPG

talking about the steel plates on the wheels, just for clarification, the texture of the primer I like as it give the sub a look of older steel, I hope to be able to keep that look. I must add dive planes & fix hatches & snorkel tubes yet.

Thanks MP & Ed, a little work has been done on this one

h3df5e56.JPG

h93fbee9.JPG

I noticed the snorkel box had a depression in the middle, so I filed & sanded it flat, then painted with primer.

h5cfe1c5.JPG

Here is a seam from manufacture

hae2234c.JPG

hfc4cde4.JPG

Scribed & rivet holes drilled, some I need to align yet but, I must go and do some mechanic work.

C&C Welcome - Gerry

Yeah I know, but I'm using a #70 drill bit, and a cheap lighted magnifying lamp which hurts your eyes, to look through, I can't find where I put my Opti-visors (y)

Ok don't give up on the H.L. Hunley, just yet, I've been working on Her in the background, Drilling them little rivet holes is about to make me go blind.

hb783caa.JPG

hdc5fbdd.JPG

I also put some green stuff on a spot or two where the Dremel slipped while cleaning out the portholes, if It can't be fixed I may just cut some brass tube and fix them right.

he2e445e.JPG

I also experimented with window maker. the rivet holes on the window frames are too tiny to clean with a drill, but that didn't stop me from trying. (y) :dance :rotf

C.S.S. H.L. Hunley Mini-Sub (adding hatches) 1/32

Going into the bunker to look at adding hatches, might even work on dive planes & snorkel tubes :captain

C.S.S. H.L. Hunley Mini-Sub (adding hatches) 1/32

Well the H.L. Hunley jumped back into dry dock, and I started working on the Snorkel tubes

h532c23d.JPG

ha49d6c3.JPG

Drilled the holes to accept the rare earth magnets

hc57fe3d.JPG

hb99331b.JPG

Installed the magnets

he6c1e2c.JPG

h0bc55bb.JPG

h5002035.JPG

Look I can put the tubes in any position. works purdy good, these magnets are 1/16" X 1/32" they are strong

C&C Welcome - Gerry

Back