• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Brass Half Track

(y) looks very good Bob! think you need to book a time at the carwash for it, the big program! :yipee
//Mats

Told Mike earlier, if I had the figures, I'd stripe the back half down to OD and have the crew washing it. :rotf

Keep going. Add some streaks, streak down the splatter, then add more splatter. More Pin washes. :fencing

Good lord what a mess!

Dad, you keep asking me if I ever finished that brass halftrack..well...let's consider it finished.

I checked the only place that has the original start post, it was dated Sep 29 2008, 4 and a half years, not too bad.

M2A1229.jpg

M2A1230.jpg

M2A1231.jpg

M2A1232.jpg

M2A1233.jpg

One problem I have here is, looking at it here at home it looks ok...just ok. But these pictures don't capture the colors that are there. The only one that comes close is the last one,the close up of the bumper.

John, I got the stinkin' streaks and pinwash on!! hope you can see it.

I do need to make a base for it, it looks totally weird without one.

I hope this meets with approval, I'm calling this done before Dr. Steinman gives me another punch list of things that need to be done... :facepalm :coolio

Seriously, thanks to John and everyone who helped guide this over the years. This halftrack is what led to me meeting so many of my friends on the forums. Thank you all! :drinks :drinks :drinks

You know Son,

It ain't bad at all! As a matter of fact, I thought you did a great job soldering all that brass. To be honest, at the time, I didn't think you would finish it.

You definitely finished it and that in itself, considering the work you put into it, is something to be proud of!

Now put it in a diorama. I'm proud of you! Seriously! I am!

Great job! (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Dad

Back