• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Brass Half Track

take some burnt umber oil paint, soak out the linseed oil, then dab a tiny bit on each rust spot, then with a old, ruined brush, keep dabbing the oil paint till it blends in, The edges with feather as well. I think that will make you happier. Make sure to mask of the halftrack if the stove in glued in.

Next on the weathering - a grey filter.

Just an FYI Filters go on almost dry. They are NOT washes.

Hmm...not sure i'm happy, well I know I'm not happy. But here it is.

M2A1220.jpg

M2A1221.jpg

M2A1222.jpg

Looks like what I did with the AK Interactive Winter Grime effect gets kinda lost. I mixed up some pigments to try and splatter it around some, I think what I'm missing is the layer effect.

Thoughts, comments please...no attaboys...

Not so bad. How about some streaking on those flat panel sides? And maybe some darker brown mud? And you need a pin wash for sure!

That's what I mean, it's there, guess too subtle. I'll see about darkening it up some. One problem with the pin wash is a lot of those panels are actual panels, nothing to pool the wash into. I'll hit where I can. Thanks for the feedback John.

Looks like you could use some mud on your tires and darken the panel lines. I like the splatter, match the tire crud to that. (y)

Ok I've been looking this over and seems to me the color change is too stark. You go from darker mud color to white camo. I think there needs to a bit of transition between the to colors. I tried to find some examples of what I'm talking about.

French-soldiers-VBL-armoured-light-vehicle-afghanistan.jpg

1-mining-equipment.jpg

underground-mine-equipment-3.jpg

:D

Thanks guys, I'm happier with it now. Went back with some light yellow pigments, mixed with darker stuff and feathered around the splatters progressively. Washed the panel lines. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow.

This thing is incredible, Moon- cheers! John has some great ideas- think of what it's been through- snow, sleet, some shitty cold rain- all of that for add layers of grub and crud flowing down those steels plates, dragging dirt and rust into the cold mud of occupied France. At this point you're adding thin layers- easy does it and you can't go too far off. :drinks

EDIT- hit SEND and then see T-San's post- yep, that, too! Crazy mining trucks- always have a place in my heart!

Dear Bob.

For me it is good ... but hope to see even better after the improvments :coolio

Good luck!

Luiz.

That's what I mean, it's there, guess too subtle. I'll see about darkening it up some. One problem with the pin wash is a lot of those panels are actual panels, nothing to pool the wash into. I'll hit where I can. Thanks for the feedback John.

Okay I am going to give you my top secret, secret, on how to deal with actual panels. Make a thin wash of PVA glue and use it to fill those gaps. After it sets, you can add your pin wash.

One day left...

Lighter pigments mixed with dark, I'm slightly happier but...it just don't grab me.

M2A1223.jpg

M2A1224.jpg

M2A1225.jpg

M2A1226.jpg

Back