• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Book on tank recovery in WWII.

wds

I recently found this book at the public library. It is a first person account of maintenance and recovery battalion in Europe during WWII. It is a pretty scathing indictment of the M4. A fairly interesting read. Now I guess I’ll have to build a tank recovery vehicle. Anyone make a T2?

Cheers,

Bill

dscn4996_1_20101009_1155643611.jpg

dscn5001_1_20101009_1524678747.jpg

Hello Bill
Now this would be a damn interesting read! I have alwys wanted to build a TRV myself, and I'd like to think there is one in plastic produced in the not too distant future...
From memory, there is a resin conversion kit from Calbre 35 to upgrade the Tamiya M3 Lee kit, and Legend does a version also which can be used with either the Tamiya Lee or the Academy offering.
PMMS

Brad

A very interesting read, You would have to be a very brave individual to get into one of them and go up against a tank that had you out gunned and armoured. I know there are hundreds of arguments for and against which was a better tank and all that in WWII but to sit in something that a 75mm shell from a Panther could go clean through from front to back without stopping from 1500 metres plus, and you virtually had to run over it to kill it, well thats bravery. Very sobering. Dean

Back