• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bison I - Light Chips

I had started this project some weeks ago but moving slower than usual.

It seems that Dragon made the instructions in a rush cos some parts were incorrectly numbered!

Box Art
l_dra6259.jpg

Some paint for the interior
PB-Bis05.jpg

PB-b3.jpg

PB-b4.jpg

PB-b5.jpg

Vallejo Panzer Grey
PB-grey1.jpg

Pre Shading
PB-grey2.jpg

Base coat again of Panzer Grey
PB-Grey3.jpg

Played around with a few more shades and starting to look like this
PB-b1.jpg

Re:Bison I

Nice Noel , looks like what you've managed so far is a sweet look .

Straight Pz gray , or will you add the dark earth brown cammo ?

Hi Noel.

I have also thought about getting this kit, but I think I want to wait a while before I do anymore open topped stuff. It just gets to complicated for me :silly: . But I was wondering how the gun went together, because I was thinking about getting just the howitzer that Dragon has released (I think it is the same kit).But you have a great start to another fantastic paint job on the way.

Gary B)

Thanks for looking and your kind comments!

Cheyenne wrote:
Nice Noel , looks like what you've managed so far is a sweet look .

Straight Pz gray , or will you add the dark earth brown cammo ?

I'm going for pure Panzer grey and hoping to achieve a very dusty effect!

G Cooper wrote:
Hi Noel.

I have also thought about getting this kit, but I think I want to wait a while before I do anymore open topped stuff. It just gets to complicated for me :silly: . But I was wondering how the gun went together, because I was thinking about getting just the howitzer that Dragon has released (I think it is the same kit).But you have a great start to another fantastic paint job on the way.

Gary B)

I had built the Verlinden Resin kit some years ago. THe Dragon kit is much more detailed than the resin one and IMO is a good kit. I'm also thinking to purchase just the howitzer. It is the same kit and in my Bison I instructions there is a slight mix-up as it shows you to affix some parts that are for the towed howitzer!

Looking good there. I love he paint finish. I think AFV Club are about to release a kit of that gun too.

Very nice, Noel! Are you planning to add some red oxide showing through in some places for deeper scratches?

Hi Noel.

That is looking better and better. I must admit that I like the German 2 and 3 color camos, but I really like the single color paint jobs. Because to me anyways, it really gives you an opportunity to play with the tone and shades. And yours is really starting to do that. In fact, I have been thinking about doing something in just one color to try some of that color modulation combined with a dose of preshadeing. I can hardly wait now to see what you do next.

Gary B)

Great work Noel, I'm still amazed at the variety of weapon systems the Germans had. Love the light chipping and scrapes.

Noel I like your chips and scratchs they always look just right.

Great work!

Terry B)

Back