• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bf 109 G6 Unteroffizier Georg Amon

Well again not much done. Got to get moving on this. I got the fuse together and now using the Alley Cat correction set I replaced a couple of intakes on the port side. You can see what the kit has:

DSC04009.JPG

And after the mod:

DSC04008.JPG

and the port panel

DSC04010.JPG

The fuse so far.

DSC04011.JPG

James

You're taking this one seriously, eh, James ;), really appreciate the effort you're making on this one. Who's decals are you using to do Amon's aircraft ??

Ian

ps:
Just to let you know that it's entirely your fault that I just won a 1:32 109G-14 on eBay (other on-line auction sites are available). The way that Eduard 'E-1' is fighting-back, it's likely I'll finish the G-14 first and it hasn't even been sent from the UK yet !!

Dont know about serious, but I'm trying to dress it up :D Decals are Eagle Strike Ausburg's Flyers 4.
James

Still plodding away. Got some more resin on. Forgot to get Master barrels so drilled out the ends of the guns and scraped them thinner.

DSC04015.JPG

DSC04014.JPG

DSC04013.JPG

DSC04012.JPG

Also filled in the extra oil filler cap on the port nose. Take a break and then blend in the beuhles. These really make a difference compared to the anemic kit ones. Had an air bubble in the intake at the thinnest part and filled it. Still have some cleaning up to do. Looking like a 109 G now though.
James

You are doing a real make over on this project.

Looks great so far!

Terry (y) :popcorn

Pics later, but just got the wheel wells done and painted. Wings will go together after thats dry. I have to say though that I really dont much care for this Revel kit. I hate having to search through every sprue to find a part. Why is it so difficult for Revel to put a sprue letter and the part number down like every other company does. And why have parts spread throughout rather than bundled together? After buying the am for this kit I think I can safely say that I would rather build a Hasegawa Bf 109. The only really nice thing about this kit is the wheel wells which look good. Maybe thats why I havent built any of my Ju 88s or He 111s.
James

I have the same problem with the Tiger I am building. Got to look through almost every sprue to find a part. TIDIOUS!!

Terry :facepalm

At least they give a sprue letter, evenj if there are 3 sprues with the same letter. It is annoying though.

Okay less and less of a fan. Maybe I've been spoilt by Dragon, AFV Club, Tamiya etc. The 6 part wings are a pain. Will see how much filling I have to do after I let this dry for a while.

DSC04020.JPG

DSC04021.JPG

James

Thanks Ton. The added stuff is a requirement. And where I am now.

DSC04025.JPG

DSC04023.JPG

Should have done this earlier, but canopies have just been futured.

James

Great work, friend - Was up till 1am on my 'Wurger' and am at the same place. Will post some pics later this evening, my time.

Ian

Hi James, fantastic !!! I like everyone the subjects who was operative in Sicily during the WWII, tanks, airplane ecc. because I live in Sicily and today are visible more finds , as italian bunker.
If you a day to come on holiday in Sicily, I support you for a tour in hystoric places.

I will follow this wip with great interest !

mike

Thanks Mike, that would be awesome. I'm quite interested in Sicily after reading
Operation Husky: The Canadian Invasion of Sicily, July 10-August 7, 1943 by Mark Mark Zuehlke

1553655397.jpg

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/product/9781553655398-item.html?s_campaign=goo-PLATest&gclid=CIO7vM6hv7sCFYw1QgodLCgANA

Its about the Canadian part of the operation and a very interesting read.
James

Back