• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bf 109 G6 Unteroffizier Georg Amon

jknaus

Administrator
I guess while the paints are still out I will do the new Revel kit with Alley Cat correction set and markings for Unteroffizier Georg Amon.

DSC03881.JPG

DSC03883.JPG

109g+Amon.jpg

James

Great! I will then be able to ask if the Alley Cat correction set is worthwhile.

Regards,

:popcorn :popcorn :popcorn I've got a really old Revell boxing of the Bf 109 G that I'm thinking of doing for this. It'll be interesting to see how it stands up. ...or not! :drinks

Okay my Rumpler is on hold and the car decided it was too cold to start. Warmed up to -33C and I'm hoping maybe later today it will get to the -20s and maybe start. So got working on this bird. First up I tried using the cockpit out of the box, but yuck. Luckily Eduard came to the rescue with a very nice cockpit just for this kit. So got working on it and here I am. Vallejo RLM 66 and then a thinned out mixture with the RLM 66 lightened with medium grey. Maybe too much, but I think the wash will tone it down. I need to do some detail painting and then a wash and some dry brushing. Hope you like.

DSC03985.JPG

DSC03986.JPG

DSC03987.JPG

DSC03988.JPG

DSC03989.JPG

DSC03990.JPG

DSC03991.JPG

DSC03992.JPG

James

Got a little bit of painting done.

DSC03995.JPG

DSC03994.JPG

DSC03993.JPG

Any comments are welcome, I can take some criticisms.
JAmes

This is supposed to be a fine kit, I am liking what I am seeing so far and as always James your stuff is impressive.

Thanks guys. I am hoping the wash will tone down the shading I did. I also hope some more details will pop out.
James

Back