• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bf-109 D

Deductive reasoning my fair chap, really elementary.

New Bomber build, 3 WWI belts, Laura was excited about it, you love big scale... not hard at all.

Regards,

Deductive reasoning my fair chap, really elementary.

New Bomber build, 3 WWI belts, Laura was excited about it, you love big scale... not hard at all.

Regards,

Doh. :S

Okay yes Laura has talked me into building the new Gotha GIV in the Bomber GB. Belts ordered. Kit comming. Refs searched for. Excited :D

James

Well I did have inside knowledge and yeah, you're gonna have to clear the deck for that thing! It will be interesting to see it side by side with this 109.

Well it figures. Yesterday everything I touched or did went wrong. Frustration levels getting higher. So sat down to glue inserts to the wings where I took the radiators off. Hmm long story short, the inserts where not there. Looked on web site to see that they should be. So I am waiting to see if I can get replacements. Until then this build is on hold.
So rundown, 109 on hold, Gotha coming, Churchill on hold. Hs-123 deshelved and working on that. Hopefully today goes better and I have no problems.
James

Churchill part on its way... with markings to boot! So I hope it doesn't gather too much dust on the hold shelf.

Regards,

Sorry to hear about your styrene karma issues, James! Hopefully things will realign for you to make progress. Cheers!

Got an email and parts should be on the way tomorrow. Awesome comms. Looking forward to this.
James

Okay started working on landing gear. Will have to pull out my book on German Landing Gear for hose placement. Yes I was geeky enough at one time to buy a book dedicated to landing gear for every German aircraft in WWII.
I have also removed the raised strengthener on the fuse sides. Forgot to take a picture before.

lf.jpg

rf.jpg

James

Hi James,
really nice looking build thus far. Looking forward to more. Does this kit come with a separate nose ? If so, that sure would be a lot easier than plastic surgery.

Cheers, Christian B)

Hi James,
really nice looking build thus far. Looking forward to more. Does this kit come with a separate nose ? If so, that sure would be a lot easier than plastic surgery.

Cheers, Christian B)

No, you have to do surgery. But the cut line is very simple. There are also modifications to the wings. As soon as the inserts for the wings arrive I get cracking on them.

James

Hi James,
very nice plastic surgery then. That's one thing lacking from my collection is an ME. earlier than the E model. Some day....

Cheers, Christian B)

Back