• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Battle of Berlin info needed,...

AndyFettes

Master at Arms
Hello my fellow TnTers,...

I am trying in vain to research if there were Pathers Gs deployed in the defence of Berlin

I am currently trawling through a few sites but wanted to know if anyone on here had any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Hi,

I don't have a great deal of info, however I believe Panzer-Division Müncheberg formed in March 1945, were equiped with Panther G's. Some of these were sent to Wunsdorf and equipped with Sperber I/R equipment. I think they fought in or with I./29.Panzer-Regiment under the command of Oberleutnant Rasim at the battle of Seelow heights, before later falling back into Berlin itself.

Hope its of some help .

Gaz :)

Found this for you, Andy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Berlin Hope it helps, loads of info.

Hey, Andy
It's certainly possible that Panther Gs were employed during the Battle of Berlin. There's a feature in Verlinden Publication's Military Vehicles Vol. I that details the building of Tamiya's Panther Ausf. G with a street-fighting, camouflage scheme. It says the scheme was used toward the end of the war when much of the fighting was done on the defensive within the ruins of German cities. The painting guide indicates the use of Humbrol paints.
Matt Tank Grey is used for the hull with spots of Matt Desert Yellow for the camouflage. After employing various washes and dry brushing, the vehicle takes on a dark green tone.
Here's a couple of photos of my attempt to replicate the build:
Panther2.jpg
PantherG3.jpg

Andy the first pic I trust to be a G in Berlin , the second gives me doubts as to Hungary , not Berlin even though the caption read Berlin.
Yes it doesn't have the chin mantlet , but some G's I believe produced by Mann didn't have it .

Also some more Berlin random 1945 pics .

panthergberlin.jpg

Pantherwrack20in20Muenchen20ca20194.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-J314052C_Berl.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-J313992C_Berl.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-J313282C_Berl.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-J313272C_Berl.jpg

Cheyenne wrote:
the second gives me doubts as to Hungary , not Berlin even though the caption read Berlin.

Pantherwrack20in20Muenchen20ca20194.jpg

munich! that's munich! the place in the foreground is the karlsplatz (stachus) with the karlstor visible and the church in the background on the left is the frauenkirche! the photo is shot facing towards east!

Cool , thanks Laura , as I said I had my doubts , not because I know the location but because where I got the picture from I found a few other miss - captioned pics .

Great stuff !!

Thankyou for your replies and pictures and models

Lots of stuff to search for now

Andy

PS

I found this great artwork from David Pentland
dhm1196_20100116_1883570070.jpg

and another artist work
panthergmuencheberg_20100116_1688807157.jpg

both credited to be Muchenberg Panthers.

Both pictures are for discussion purposes only !

Back