• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

''B'' is for Blohm & Voss

matrixone

My other new build that was recently started is this Revell 1/72 scale Blohm & Voss P.194.
407504485.jpg

Not much to be seen here in this first in-progress pic, just some basic assembly. Since this pic was taken the cockpit parts have been airbrushed RLM 66 and the wheels have been cleaned up and are being painted.
407504486.jpg

The fit of the parts so far has been as good as any kit I have ever worked with so the airframe should go together quickly. The only downer to this kit is the canopy, its crap quality compared to the rest of the kit.
The construction will be a breeze but the painting of the camouflage scheme will take a while to do, I will go with the hard edged splinter pattern with some field applied camo over that.

Matrixone

Some actual progress on this one. :)

The cockpit has been painted and nearly ready to be closed up in part of the fuselage.

This was a tough one to find reference photographs of, it seems only one of these aircraft was ever photographed and that was a crashed machine that force landed behind Russian lines thus only one poorly reproduced photograph of the cockpit is available so I painted the cockpit on my model to match as best I could.
407528025.jpg

h2436914.JPG

hcfafdab.JPG

After doing dry fitting of the cockpit parts trapped inside the fuselage little of the cockpit detail painting I did can be seen.

BTW, the instrument panel is not seen here, it will be put in later on. :)

Matrixone

Thanks Sherman,
No, this aircraft was not used on any operations and not even approved for production, I was just having some fun with this oddball Luft'46 design and also checking to see if anybody read my post. B)
I will try and make it look like it was a real operational machine, not always easy with these Luft'46 models.

Matrixone

Thanks Ian and Dave!

The basic airframe is built and getting real close for paint, this kit is terrific. :D

h067bfd4.JPG

h4fad1bf.JPG

h31035d9.JPG

Matrixone

Thanks James and Paul!

Yes its a strange looking airplane but the more I look at it the more I like it. :D

With some paint on it this model should look better.

Matrixone

I was wrong about paint making this model look better...I made it worse. :( But that's okay this was intended...after the base coat of RLM 65 was sprayed on I sprayed white on the panels to lighten them leaving RLM 65 on the panel lines, later on a thin coat of pale RLM 76 will be sprayed on to smooth things out.

h48f304a.JPG

hc37643e.JPG

h38a623b.JPG

Matrixone

James,
I hope you try lightening some of the panels on your models, its not hard to do and can even add some interest to aircraft models with single color schemes...as long as its kept very subtle this weathering effect can look realistic.

Matrixone

I copied Les's technique for pre & post shading when I first saw his projects on the 'What If' site. I also use the same airbrush, but that is entirely coincidental !!

Great work, Les. :good:

Ian

Back