• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

''B'' is for Blohm & Voss

Almost done!

The flat clear coat is still a little sticky and not 100% cured so I decided to hold off on trying to get it done today...no sense in putting fingerprints on the model at this late stage. But I did manage to spray on the exhaust stains and did some detail brush painting anyway.

h455f21a.JPG

h3f5925a.JPG

h04495b7.JPG

Matrixone

Thanks again guys!

This model is VERY close to being finished, the canopy, wheels, and prop were just glued on and all that's left to do is paint the nav lights.

Below are some pics taken earlier today, here you can see the oil stains and the last of the paint chipping, if anymore paint chipping were added it would make it look cartoonish. I wanted this one to look like its nearly worn out but still airworthy.

hed88daf.JPG

h7093acb.JPG

h21ee105.JPG

Matrixone

Like that staining behind the radial, Les, nicely done....

....Just read through my other responses on this thread, I sound like your very own 'groupie' :blush: . Ahh who cares.... I've enjoyed so much of your stuff over the years, but this and the Arado are easily amongst your very best.

Done after the weekend ??

Ian

Ian,
All three of this current group of models will be done for sure on Friday. Then I can start to make some real progress on the Meng Me 163, I usually like to work on several kits at the same time but the Meng kit has so many tiny parts in it I don't want to risk losing some of them so the quicker I get it built the better. ;)

Matrixone

I'm liking this finish better every time I see it. :popcorn

Really question the feasibility of the real item though. :hmmm

Cheers, Christian B)

Looks great Les, been awhile since I stopped in and had a look at this one!

I really like the mud stains, did you literally flick paint from a brush to achieve that result?

One question though, does the 194 not have any exhausts sticking out of the cowling?? I didn't see any..

I just assumed that if they had built this one, the engine would be similar to the 141...

Great job!!

:drinks

Thank you Warren,
The mud was done by a combination of paint brush, dry brushing, and airbrush. As always with my models I used enamel paints.

The BV 141 and P.194 have little in common, the exhaust stubs on the P.194 are there they are recessed further in the cowl than what the BV 141 had.
h1e6f905.jpg

Matrixone

Back