• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hasegawa 1/48 A6M2-N Rufe

jeaton01

This one is nearly done as I build my way through all of Jiro Horikoshi's designs. Everything fits well in the end but there were some doubts along the way. You have to hold your mouth right and squeeze the plastic in the right place at several points during construction. The decals were a disaster so only the tail marking is from the kit. The fuselage Hinomarus are from a Tamiya kit and everything else is painted except for two fuel caps. One fun thing about the kit is they just added parts to make the Rufe so there are a lot of parts left over as there is a normal lower wing and all of the landing gear among other things. Gunze paints using Nakajima Dark Green and Grey Green. I am building a Tamiya Komatsu tractor to go with it so no more pictures of this until that is done plus some pond scum on the floats.

01911a6m.jpg

02011a6m.jpg

Back