• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Another Junk

Bob, it will have to be at your house. I don't have the room here .

Tonight update .

Managed to install those stubborn main wheels .

junk_wheels_001a.jpg

Strange trick for a radial engine but the cowl is too large for the cylinder head, so I'm gonna shim them of them and see what I got .

Cheers, Christian B)

Any way to make a new cowl?

Actually Bob this is closer to reality . There is supposed to be some clearance between the Cylinder heads and the cowl.

Can't quite remember just how they attach to the engine but there should be some mounts in between the two .
When the engine shakes, it all moves as one unit.

Cheers, Christian B)

I have always found these things interesting and yours looks nice - maybe if I was an aeroplane guy I would get one, but I just bought the wingnuts thing - I think that should take care of my once a decade aircraft build...

I have always found these things interesting and yours looks nice - maybe if I was an aeroplane guy I would get one, but I just bought the wingnuts thing - I think that should take care of my once a decade aircraft build...

I understand . I like to look at tanks but don't build any.

I would say the Wingnut build should keep you for a while :hmmm

Cheers, Christian B)

Any way to make a new cowl?

Actually Bob this is closer to reality . There is supposed to be some clearance between the Cylinder heads and the cowl.

Can't quite remember just how they attach to the engine but there should be some mounts in between the two .
When the engine shakes, it all moves as one unit.

Cheers, Christian B)

That's right, I think it was more common to have the cowl attached to the cylinder head, I've seen them mount directly to the rocker cover. Case of the P47 they had frame around the engine but I think on the Corsair the cowl mounted to the rocker cover.

In case you miss the PM Chris this may help you.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/394728/message/1223080452/The+almost+everlasting+Junkers+W.33-W.34-K.43+in+Spain+and+other+countries-

In case you miss the PM Chris this may help you.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/394728/message/1223080452/The+almost+everlasting+Junkers+W.33-W.34-K.43+in+Spain+and+other+countries-

Great references James. Thank you . It answered several questions .

Still don't know what to think of the wingtip mast but I think it's just gonna disappear.

Interesting how this bird changes from one picture to the next :)

Still pondering the exhaust situation.... :soldier

Cheers, Christian B)

That is a big aircraft to be hanging off that one engine. And it seems to have had a lot of power plant options.

That is a big aircraft to be hanging off that one engine. And it seems to have had a lot of power plant options.

Yes it is . Really would have extremely large wings if you flattened out all that metal .

Junkers used that style build to keep the size wings down and get great strength from it.

Still, the W34 was only a six seater aircraft . I think the wings probably made it a glider of sort.

Cheers, Christian B)

The Ju 52 was originally flown with just one engine, it's amazing to me it could even get off the ground but apparently a number were built and successfully operated. This link has some photos of it being operated by a Canadian Airline, there is also a photo of a crashed W34 as well...

Ju 52 1m

The Ju 52 was originally flown with just one engine, it's amazing to me it could even get off the ground but apparently a number were built and successfully operated. This link has some photos of it being operated by a Canadian Airline, there is also a photo of a crashed W34 as well...

Ju 52 1m

Thanks Garry . It seems they quote five aircraft . Very unusual looking bird :facepalm

Junkers_Ju-52_single-engine.JPG

Cheers, Christian B)

Had some bits of time, so here's tonight's post. Shot on a flat coat

Who say German props are all black green anyhow :idonno

junk_pinwash_003a.jpg

The cowl is shimmed and fits

the pin washes are done. I also removed the mask from the transprencies

junk_pinwash_002a.jpg

The windshield and side window still need cleaning . i messed up with the home made mask and now I have to fix it;

junk_pinwash_001a.jpg

The wingtip antenna is gone and the nav light have been made ( I like this version )

Cheers, Christian B)

Back