• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Another Junk

Maybe you can make your own dcal? White decal sheet and black cross? I might be able to make you some if given the sizes but it will take a bit as I have a lot going on right now.
James

Maybe you can make your own dcal? White decal sheet and black cross? I might be able to make you some if given the sizes but it will take a bit as I have a lot going on right now.
James

Thanks for the offer James. Let me see whaT I can conjure up first . :fencing

If you make a model or a mask I think you have to add about 1mm per arm vertically to allow for the coragations.
James

After repeatedly pounding those decals in place with Mr.softer and repeatedly poking bubbles, the decals eventually gave up and laid down :smack
By then , they looked rough , so I decided to repaint them.

jund_crosses_001a.jpg

First the white section

jund_crosses_002a.jpg

Then more mask and some black paint.

jund_crosses_003a.jpg

Removed everything and hand brushed a coat of Future and this is what I got.

jund_crosses_004a.jpg

Still not 100% perfect but some of the defect came with the kit, so it's as good as it has been if it would have worked correctly to start with .

I'll do the bottom one tomorrow :good:

What do you guys think :idonno Cheers, Christian B)

After repeatedly pounding those decals in place with Mr.softer and repeatedly poking bubbles, the decals eventually gave up and laid down :smack
By then , they looked rough , so I decided to repaint them.

jund_crosses_001a.jpg

First the white section

jund_crosses_002a.jpg

Then more mask and some black paint.

jund_crosses_003a.jpg

Removed everything and hand brushed a coat of Future and this is what I got.

jund_crosses_004a.jpg

Still not 100% perfect but some of the defect came with the kit, so it's as good as it has been if it would have worked correctly to start with .

I'll do the bottom one tomorrow :good:

What do you guys think :idonno Cheers, Christian B)
Oh wow great save there :popcorn

Thanks Mike , Luiz , Dave and Bob . Rather painstaking... :soldier

The lower one will be even worse :blink

Cheers, Christian B)

The more decals I fight with the better painting them on appears. :gogo :popcorn

I certainly agree with the painting part . :good:

However, masking the perfect squares for the crosses is really tough. :blink

Good pre made stencils would be the cat's meow :)

Cheers, Christian B)

So, now we have it . Nor quite as perfect as a goo decal but at least it has no air bubble in it :skipper

junk_lower_cross_001a.jpg

Still need a couple of coats of Future but paint is currently drying .

Cheers, Christian B)

Looks really great, guessing the real thing had rough edges? B)

:drinks

Actually the edges are quite straight when viewed from above .

I think what you are referring to is an optical illusion caused by the undulation in the sheet metal and the curvature of the wing from front to back .

Cheers, Christian B)

I think it's standard fare for Phantom II production. Off the chain.

Off the chain or off the rail ?

For some reason I'm starting to feel like everything I build is a train wreck . :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

HA, Welcome to my world. Maybe that's what we should try to do, model train wreck.. :rotf

Off the chain, Chris, not train.

OK Bob, that's your next campaign. Builds that turned out to be train wrecks. A.K.A. Thomas the train wreck. LOL

Back