• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Another Jug: Finished

Another Jug

Which Lockheed tank? Two different colors.

Sorry, the lighter one, second right.

Ian.
:eek:ldguy

Ah good, that's the one I like.

Polished Aluminum, which I'm almost out of. :bang head

That's the one I like Bob ........ Sending you the bulldozer Tuesday ....... Maybe I'll open it up and throw a bottle in ....... But you gonna owe me ...... :eek:ldguy

Oh hell yeah! Tell me how much and I'll pay pal it now.

Let's ........ I have one of those in stock ........ $8.95 I believe ..... That was polished aluminum right ? ............ :eek:ldguy

Another Jug

h42779bf.jpg

(y)

Another Jug

The only possible idea I have would be to paint the prop yellow first and follow that by black which is easier to use. :idonno

Seems I have seen an article about dipping the tips but that does not seem like a good idea to me :S

Cheers, Christian B)

Another Jug

The only possible idea I have would be to paint the prop yellow first and follow that by black which is easier to use. :idonno

That's how I do it. Paint the tips yellow, mask then spray the black, decal the blades, flat coat, then I mask the prop blades and paint the cap over the front of the hub, then mask and spray the hub. Takes me roughly a week to do, just cause I like to let the paint cure overnight before i mask it, but I am pretty happy with the results. Here is the prop from my corsair...

F4U1_Prop.jpg

and from my Hellcat, which is a single color prop hub...

F6F-3_Prop.jpg

The key when masking the prop blades is to get the tape under the parts of the hub that stick out next to the blades.

HTHs
Mike

Another Jug

Very good looking prop Mike ......... :eek:ldguy

Looks mighty fine to me (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Awww shucks - thanks guys :blush:
Just trying to share a technique that works for me. Only thing I need is some help making them look a weathered and little used.

To do that ....... Get a bucket of prop wash to start with ....... :eek:ldguy

:rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf

Somehow I knew you'd find that funny ........ But to whip it into submission you'll need about fifty feet of flightline ........ :eek:ldguy

Back