• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Another Fokker DVII.

It will have to stay. I see what the problem is now, the tip got pulled in a bit and so all are a bit off on the left. Its not as stark looking an error in normal light as it looks in the picture. Anyways trim tomorrow, finish decaling and spray with dull coat. I'm really thrilled with these decals and I love the rib tapes in place. Doing 70 odd individual tapes is a major pain in the butt. Take your time with these Aviattic decals and you get a real nice finish.
James

James, this look really good... last DVII i built was the revell 1/72 in 1977... Looking forward to seeing this one completed...

Hi James

Looking good, hard for old guys like to even notice. Any tearing issues after the decals dried? You mentioned the decals could put up a fight.

James

Thanks all. No James, I used a new scalpel blade and it sliced nice and slick. Not anticipating any issues tomorrow either.
Chris I've used pastels for lots of things, just never thought of using them to shade wing ribs.
Barney, these WNW kits are awesome and look good even without doing exxtra. They are my gateway into WWI air.
JAmes
James

Got bottom wing done. Right side looks a bit sucky.
Fuselage painted. Looks pretty nice. I used the laquer thinner to thin it. WOW what a difference in spraying. Love it.
James

Okay, cant sleep. These pics are not the best, but you get the idea I hope.

DSC04797.JPG

DSC04800.JPG

DSC04799.JPG

James

Back