• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Another Fokker DVII.

Very nice, James! It looks like quite the DVII to me. I pulled a random mag out of the drawer last night to find the WNW JI on the cover. Made my fingers itch! :dude

Thanks guys. Cockpit is done. Just doing the engine bearers and then I will button it up. Going to paint it and do what has to be done and then build engine and finish that off. Last pic shows fuse taped in place to make sure fit is good.

DSC04560.JPG

DSC04561.JPG

DSC04562.JPG

DSC04563.JPG

Comments and critiques welcome.
JAmes

Looking great james! all those small things arrgghhh i would have made a mess of it, and give it a last flight into the bin!
You make some very nice pieces with these kits James :good:

//Mats

Got the bottom wing decals on. Now to wait over night and then trim them. I think I will seal them too before I do the top of the wing.

DSC04791.JPG

Talked with a fellow Cold Laker this weekend whom I just met and he told me how he did his weathering. I liked it so much I decided not to pre shade the ribs, but will put emphasize them with pastels. We'll see if it works.

JAmes

Got the bottom wing decals on. Now to wait over night and then trim them. I think I will seal them too before I do the top of the wing.

DSC04791.JPG

Talked with a fellow Cold Laker this weekend whom I just met and he told me how he did his weathering. I liked it so much I decided not to pre shade the ribs, but will put emphasize them with pastels. We'll see if it works.

JAmes

Well, got to tell you I've been doing pastels forever. Even though I not use other things I find them very subtle and usefull.

Cheers, Christian B)

Pkay another small update. Trimmed the bottom wing and did the top decals for it. It looks like I somehow misaligned something. Not much I can do, it will have to stay like this.

DSC04794.JPG

Tomorrow I will trim it and then start the top.

James

That's one thing I didn't like about these decals having the rib tap already in place. You got another set or are you just going to go with it?

Back