• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Andy`s Well

James, I did think of adding another figure but I shall see what gives

Erik go for it mate I was surprised how easy it was really and also how effective :)

Hey thank you Laura

What would you suggest I do to improve things to the barrel as I keep looking at it and ponder and then look at it some more ? :)

applying some gun metal with sponge to recreate rubbed away colors maybe and some oil stains on the drum itself made with oil colors would come to my mind! :)

On with the show !

Soldier construction now completed, Opened up the spares box for the personal equipment and updated his bread bag, new belt etc..note the left arm doesnt go with the kit and has been reworked by removing the sleeve to half way up the forearm and working a new cuff and sanding down the bare arm

IMG_3316.JPG

IMG_3317.JPG

IMG_3318.JPG

and primed

IMG_3321.JPG

IMG_3322.JPG

IMG_3325.JPG

Start on the painting and as per usual acrylics

IMG_3328.JPG

IMG_3341.JPG

IMG_3347.JPG

After thought,......... groan !

Did the Pattern 43 Feldblouse have a back seam down the centre ,..gulp ? :unsure:

Plus Ive now noticed the small strap on the canteen has become a bit lopsided :pinch:

Cheers Ken, :D

I gave the hair a few washes on black/brown so it doesnt look so stark now :)

On with the field grey,..........

Thank you very much you lot,...

I spent rather an enjoyable evening making great inroads into this chap and he`s now about 75% done :cheer:

More tomorrow then some pictures

However I am going to have to redo my MG42 after some idiot glued the MG can on the wrong way round :gogo

Also I have to do some more work on the helmet,...as this is a verlinden figure and often these are 54mm rather than 1/35 I can only use the kit helmet otherwise it will look too small compared to the mans head,....using this helmet entails getting rid of some hefty flash lines in the most awkward places and ruining the bolt detail so i am going to get the old Aves out and make a camo cover so wish me luck as Ive not done one of these before.

Thats all folks !!

Hey Andy
That is looking beaut mate. The water has come out brill, but I agree the barrel needs a lil summin' summin'? Great little scene.
Brad

Well thank you very much one and all for your positive comment s :)

Figure now at 85% completed and is now stuck onto the base for final titivations :D

( Remember Granny ? She`s still sitting there too :D )

A.:D

IMG_3352.JPG

IMG_3354.JPG

IMG_3353.JPG

he is washing his socks he was wearing for weeks - I can hear the water flees crying :)

I love it - it looks great.

Back