• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Andy`s Well

Hi Granny!

Love the paintwork Andy...right down to the subtle mud at the bottom of her dress...wish the ones I am working on looked even half as good!

Thank you very much Glen, Mike, and Mike !! :)

Ere,, opinions please ,....

The German soldier, who is undergoing work in progress, is going to have an MG42 leaning up against the other side of the well and I was wondering whether or not to put a walking stick on the other side for Granny,..what do you think ?

A.:D

i never served, i never had a (functional) firearm in my hands but one thing is crystal clear to me:

in a war (and in general!) i would NEVER put my rifle/assault rifle/machine gun somewhere where i couldn't grab it in a millisecond to answer any possible ambush and i would look to it that no weapon that could harm me would be without the range of my arms!

so i wouldn't place the mg42 leaning to the other side of the well but close to the soldier! a walking stick for granny would be fine!

even grannies can be a tremendous threat to a soldier!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--K3X6rptE4&feature=player_embedded

One man One kit. I'd keep the mg close to the soldier. And yes a walking stick for sure. Unless you would rather a broom?? :D
James

Andy,
Since granny has a cup of water, do you have water running out of the spout? I cant really make out from the photo's. (dial up)
Cheers
John

Shalom.

I remember well the first time I went for a hunting license after being in the military. One question was how do you cross a fence with a gun. First I figure that a fence wouldn't have a gun so that meant the examiner must want to know how I'd get over a fence if I had a gun. I figure that being it was a civilian question that an answer of "I'd run up to the fence, tuck my rifle across and close to my chest, jump over the fence and land on the back of my shoulders and then roll forward and onto my feet with my rifle at the ready to be fired." I figured that the examiner probably expected me to do something dumb like leave the rifle near the fence somewhere and then cross the fence somewhere else and then retrieve the rifle after I had crossed the fence. Sure enough that was the gist of the correct answer.

The point of the forgoing is that a combat soldier would *NEVER* leave his weapon, which his very life might depend upon, outside of arms reach and he'd definitely *NEVER* leave it out of sight. I'd have the weapon either slung over his body or resting very close to him.

A walking stick for the old granny sounds like and excellent idea and would add much to the feel of the scene. It would make granny appear more infirm and helpless.

Addendum. Are you going to have part of an ammo belt or a magazine attached to the MG-42?

Cheers from Peter

Peter,

I am searching for a ammo link in my spares but cant find it so I`ll look for a drum to go with the 42 plus I have some ammo cans to go with. The MG will be within easy reach of the soldier as he will be sitting on the opposite side of the well :)

Hi John,

No running water as yet but there will be Ive got some stretched clear plastic sprue that will do the job just nicely :)

Thanks James :)

Laura,I`m certainly not putting the MG anywhere near the Granny after seeing that video :D

Cheers Bob :D

Steaming ahead now with some more stuff this time Ive painted the Jerry Cans and Ammo Can and glued in my box and barrel :)

IMG_3303.JPG

IMG_3305.JPG

IMG_3304.JPG

IMG_3307.JPG

Ive also completed my running water effect and this was simply done by gluing stretched clear plastic sprue and then running some Future Floor Polish down the water to add extra glisten and aslo add a bit more depth to the water already in the well base.

IMG_3309.JPG

IMG_3308.JPG

Hope you like :)

A.

ANDY,

Lookin Great !! Granny looks like she's waiting on Sonny Boy to swing by & take her to th station ! Great Paint !!

ERIK

Future floor polish, mate

Thin coats each time gradually building up

The running water is clear plastic stretched sprue, superglued to the spouts and then given a coat of future by letting it run down the sprue

Gis a shout if you need anymore info :)

A.

Looks awesome Andy. Hope you wont take offense, but I would lose the 45 gal drum. Everything meshes but it. My 2 cents. Otherwise (y) (y) (y)
James

Andy, PM me with your address so I can send you my well to finish. Yours looks great!! (y)

Looks awesome Andy. Hope you wont take offense, but I would lose the 45 gal drum. Everything meshes but it. My 2 cents. Otherwise (y) (y) (y)
James

No offence taken whatsoever James ! :),... You know I look at it and look at it but I am wondering what to put in its place as a space filler if I remove it , it also adds a bit of height seeing as the well is so large compared to everything else. Perhapes if I add something to it like a few petrol cans at the base whether it would look better or not ? I shall push on and sort it out at the end of the build

Mike, sorry mate,but you`ll have to suffer just like the rest of us :evil: thanks though ! :)

Cheers Ken I appreciate that :)

Machine gun and German to be primed and painted later on today

James

No offence taken whatsoever James ! :),... You know I look at it and look at it but I am wondering what to put in its place as a space filler if I remove it , it also adds a bit of height seeing as the well is so large compared to everything else. Perhapes if I add something to it like a few petrol cans at the base whether it would look better or not ? I shall push on and sort it out at the end of the build

Mike, sorry mate,but you`ll have to suffer just like the rest of us :evil: thanks though ! :)

Cheers Ken I appreciate that :)

Machine gun and German to be primed and painted later on today

An officer holding a map looking towards the rear lost in thought?
James

Future floor polish, mate

Thin coats each time gradually building up

The running water is clear plastic stretched sprue, superglued to the spouts and then given a coat of future by letting it run down the sprue

Gis a shout if you need anymore info :)

A.

Rock-On ... sounds easy enough !!! Thanx !!

ERIK

Back