• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Andy`s Well

Re: Andy`s Well,... now at 95% done

Well done Andy!!

The older woman looks just like my grandmothers sister Lena!:woohoo:

One more thing about the discussion about the machinegun and the machinegunner; in the w.w.2 German forces ,machinegunners had a pistol as a personal weapon on there belt,many times the p.08 Luger or the p.38.
The machinegun it self was conciddered as a group weapon.
So without the m.g. he could still defend himself by pulling his pistol out of its holster.

But then again...who cares you done WELL!:D

Greetings,Ron.

Man, that's shaping up beautifully- the figs have come to life! I'd rather have my tootsies up on that crate rather than the cold, cold cobbles. I had to go shut the gate that was banging in the wind last night and stepped out to find that it had rained- brrr!

chuk

WoW !! :ro:

They're Grrrrreat !!

TonyTheTiger.jpg

I gave myself a good swift kick up the arse today, so Im now on the very final hurdle having just painted up my camo helmet in Oakleaf A summer side :D

Now just tidying up and doing stuff to that lonesome barrel in the corner to hopefully tie it into the scene better

Pics to follow !! :)

Well I am done,..

Heres an overall view and a close up and Ill be posting more pictures up tomorrow as its a pain on the wifes laptop to sort them out and this one will go up into the completion section

so here we go

IMG_3438.JPG

and a side view showing the helmet :)

IMG_3440.JPG

I hope you all like it as much as I did making it

Really its like 3 mini vignettes in their own right

German Soldier and his fresh socks

Granny and her suitcase,..wheres she been and wheres she going ?

The leak at the rear with the vegetation

what ties it all together apart from the well,... its the feet after washing, granny takes a cup full and although she would have filled it up from the spouts its the thought of it that counts,..

anyway I shouldnt be explaining this as a good vig or dio tells its own story, however I like to add a bit of what ifs and whys about mine so it makes the viewer make his or her own mind up about it.

Thats why I have titled the piece

A TASTE OF DEFEAT

:evil:

I like this one a lot,Andy.(y)

Can almost smell the inside of the recce-soldiers boots.:sick:
Though it could be my own boots....:D

Greetings,Ron.

Nice work Andy-- I am like you in that I like to know the intent of the modeler with their piece. Having one's own impression is nice, but I find it much more fascinating to hear from them as well!

Love it Andy...every bit of this scene tells a story like you said. To me though, the most telling theme of all is in that soldier's face. It speaks volumes to how much he treasures that fresh pair of socks. True awesomeness!!!!

Cheers Bob jnr :Hiay

In all honesty I did have huge amounts of fun doing it but Im glad to be getting on with something new :D

Most excellent !:notworthy (y) (y) I'm still catching up on some of these since I joined and found this to be most enjoyable watching it come together !

Back