• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AMPS International Convention 2011

SHARK,

There are actually a few restaurants there with in walking distance. Oh BTY - It's not necessary that you drink alcohol at th Pub. Even if you indulge in some Coca-Cola is Cool !!!

The Restaurants are - Olive Garden, Joe's Crab Shack, Shannon's Pub, & A Pizza place . Both Shannon's & the Pizza Place are in the Hotel Venue & Olive Garden & Joe's Crab Shack are across th parking lot.

General .... I'll keep My eyes peeled for ya' !!

I'm leaving tomorrow morning . See ya there !!

Sugar Free .... It's all Good !! To quote Smokey & th Bandit .... " Trans-Am .. What's your pleasure !" It's all Good SHARK. We can Hoist any kind of Drink that tickles your Fancy !! See ya there Brotha' !!!

Made it alive with John Steinman and Mike Reeves. Met Erik Roberson. Met lots of vendors such as Joe Hudson, Charlie Pritchett, Miguel Jimenez, Rick Lawler, Gene Bagnoli, Rob Ervin, Jeff Bakanovic, Ted Paris, Loic, David Doyle, Chris Mrosko, Jose T. Rodriguez, Jay Galbierz, snd others. No photos yet.

Regards,

Great stuff Saul,... I hope you have a great time

Can you do me a favour or even a favor

Tell Chris Mersal from CRM hobbies that English food is the best and watch his reply LOLOLOLOL!!!

from the little chubby English bloke he often sees at local shows :)

Your mission should you wish to accept it

Photos
and this events most outrageous Mrosko comment :)

I'm uploading as fast as I can! The Wi-Fi (better term was Lo-Fi) at the Center was sloooooooowwwwww!

You're only moments away!

Regards,

Can you do me a favour or even a favor

Tell Chris Mersal from CRM hobbies that English food is the best and watch his reply LOLOLOLOL!!!

from the little chubby English bloke he often sees at local shows :)

Your mission should you wish to accept it

Photos
and this events most outrageous Mrosko comment :)

Mission accepted and completed!
vAMPS2011_013-1.JPG

He made a face then laughed and told me of his experience.

I won't repeat Mrosko's most outrageous comment aimed at my friend, and vendor Gene Bagnoli:
vAMPS2011_018.JPG

rjAMPS2011_012.JPG

The Rick & John seminar where Snow & Ice was introduced... great stuff!
rjAMPS2011_013.JPG

That is Dr. Steinman plying his trade, OK, his other talent.

This is a momentous occasion:
vAMPS2011_089.JPG

Iain Hamilton of AK Interactive USA, yours truly, Rick Lawler of Mig Productions USA, and Erik Roberson

vAMPS2011_087.JPG

Here the vendors are again!

vAMPS2011_095.JPG

I didn't expect to get this photograph in Fredericksburg, VA

vAMPS2011_093.JPG

Joe Hudson (in orange) wanders in on Rick Lawler (nearest camera) and Carlos of AK Interactive Spain. Coincidence? I think not!

vAMPS2011_092.JPG

Look who was sitting across Carlos and Rick Lawler. By the way, look closely at the product mix on the table.
;)

Jeff of TigerModels was there!
vAMPS2011_014-1.JPG

So was Woody of Archer Fine Transfers
vAMPS2011_077.JPG

While Ted was camera shy, he did let me hold the Commanders Series 1/16th scale Christie tank, BIG!
vAMPS2011_017.JPG

The rewards ceremony. My camera was dying and I was far away so pardon the images.
vAMPS2011_109.JPG

The sponsors. Two from Squadron, two from AK Interactive, and Two from Verlinden Productions

vAMPS2011_097.JPG

John and Olaf Kievit at their medal reception

My photos of John's other 5 trips as well as General Zod's and Erik Roberson's multiple trips up front were too blurry to publish, my apologies to them.

Next post, the models!

Regards,

Back