• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AMPS International Convention 2011

Well, if I go (depends on my work situation) I will be with a lot of friends and some virtual ones as well. Yes, the temptation is going to be great but so will the time!

Regards,

C'mon SHARK ..... you know you wanna go ! Hey ... Gene Bagnoli will be there !! :D (y)

And Rick Lawler & MIG .... What more could you want .... ?

ERIK

MOONIE,

Yeah right ! This will be one to remember !! Especially the 2 tours they have planned. One is to th Marine Corps Museum & also Their Stowage facility (wed.) then on Thursday - to the VmmV (Virginia Museum of Military Vehicles) museum & you get to take a look at Their Running Armor collection !!! Then there is th Show !!! With that list of Seminars & the list of Vendors ... It will go down in th annals of AMPS as one, if not The Best Show to date !!!

Even if you can't make th Tours the show & seminars will be enough to Rock Your World !!!

Does it cost anything to attend a seminar and is there a place to sign up for them? Could not find it on their site.

Thanks Joe

I too was wondering about the cost for the seminars. Not that it matters much because they are all great and by some of the best modelers around. I hope to catch Mig's and the team of Rick and John. I hope to get a chance to meet them in person as well.
This is going to be a great show. It'll be like meeting movie stars, the model world version :notworthy .

Rob
www.scratchmod.com

I'll be stalking them also Rob, keep a look out for the fat redneck in a Hawaiian shirt. (yeah, that'll make me stick out at a modeling show... :mpup )

:lol: :lol: I'll keep an eye out for you. I'll be wearing a black long sleeve shirt that says "scratchmod" on it...:hmmm ...not too obvious eh. The wife had some shirts made for me for the show and my workshop/seminar next weekend.
Man it's still a long time til the show :S :unsure: Can't wait.

Rob
www.scratchmod.com

If I go (still don't know what is happening on my work side) I am going mainly for the tours and seminars. I also want to talk to Thomas L. Jentz as he was supposed to come by my home (as was Mig and Adam for a one to one airbrushing lesson).

I no longer am a member of AMPS (water under the bridge so don't ask) but will attend the seminars and tours regardless of the fees.

Regards to all and let's hope I can take that Friday off,

Hey Guys,

JOE > The Seminars Are FREE ! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Also .... on Sat. 9am Taesung Harmms (Alpine Miniatures), will not only hold a sculpting seminar, but If you have a figure that you are working on .. Bring it. He has mentioned that He would like it to also be a Tutorial. So grab some AVES sculpt-a-mold & a figure/armature & hit that baby early Sat. Morning for some QT time with a Master sculptor ! ) ** :mpup :woohoo: :ro:

The Tour to the VMMV (Thursday) is $25 - which includes th Bus ride to & back from th Tank Farm. All of the Tanks in this Collection are Runners. You will see a collection that spans from WWII-Cold War. You will have to bring your own Lunch.

The Marine Corps Museum (Quantico)(Wednesday) tour is FREE. You will get a guided tour of the Museum & a Special Tour of some of Their Stowage facilities. Lunch can be had at Their Commissary.

If you are thinking about it You should act fast as there is a time limit on this & it's ONLY OPEN TO PRE-REGISTRANTS. So,if you don't pre-register that there will not be a spot for you on th Buses.

ROB - Can you bring an XL ScratchMod shirt ? I would like to buy one ... If that's cool ? Long sleeve is Cool :D

SHARK - as mentioned above th Marine Corps tour is WED. th 6th & the VMMV tour is Thurs. th 7th. & no sense opening up old Wounds !

Rock-On guys ... any more question feel free to ask !!

ERIK

For sure Wednesday and Thursday are out of the question for me. :(

Luckily I have visited both museums and Richard Isner has video-taped most of the VMMV runners in his Tank video series. taesung is a great guy, I met him several times in New York City. He lives literally over a bridge in New Jersey though.

Erik, they're not wounds... simply a sour taste over inflexible rules.
;)

Regards,

Hey Erik, I only have the two for myself and the missus has one that says Mrs. scratchmod. I may in the future have some t-shirts made up for my website.

Rob

ROB - I'll keep an eye out for those T's popping up on your site !

SHARK - I'll keep an eye out for ya' on Friday !!

Meanwhile ... I gotta hit th Bench !

There is a slight chance I might make it down for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights for the show but one possible contingency is seeing if anyone might be interested in splitting cost for the room? I have lost some weight so I don't think I snore as bad ;). The folks I am riding down with are staying right at the convention center so that's where I am looking to stay...

Well I must inform you all that with deep regret, I will not be attending the show afterall. Between the taxman coming and other cash crunch issues there's just no way I can make it. My Wife is ecstatic as now I get to go to the wedding of my cousin...oh how I wish I could get to Fredericksburg!!!!

How everyone has a good time and y'all take lots of pictures. Tell everyone I said git'er done!

Back