• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

It's a big bench but soon as I get this done the inside water damage will have to be fixed ...

hc8cfa0c_2017-07-17.jpg

ha44fdf1.jpg

hd3691d8.jpg

h3e5abef.jpg

This piece of sheetrock is hanging over my workbench that's why I work on the trouble ... :drinks

It's a big bench but soon as I get this done the inside water damage will have to be fixed ...

hc8cfa0c_2017-07-17.jpg

ha44fdf1.jpg

hd3691d8.jpg

h3e5abef.jpg

This piece of sheetrock is hanging over my workbench that's why I work on the trouble ... :drinks

The guy that invented the textured process should be shot. I don't envy you Gary.

I bought this second hand a few months back and when I tried to do some unauthorized mods AIMD got on the horn and told me just to hangar it for a bit. I sort of got them sorted and while it won't be an ace build I consider it to be a good practice for the other one in the stash.

Glad I only paid $30.00 for it.
h01f6ca5.jpg

hd5001f6.jpg

hf272b08.jpg

h7475dfe.jpg

h2433b8e.jpg

hc8cfa0c_2017-07-17.jpg

ha44fdf1.jpg

hd3691d8.jpg

h3e5abef.jpg

The guy that invented the textured process should be shot. I don't envy you Gary.

Popcorn ceiling texture is a pain to work on. The property management company I work for won't even let us touch them since they might be asbestos based. Luckily my complex is new enough it isn't an issue.

Gerry, I'm sorry you have to go through all that. Good luck on completing the repairs. You've been missed around here.

Paul that Bug looks fantastic. Far better than the one that has been fighting me all this time too.

I figured that I would knock another one off the shelf to see if I can get it finished in a good amount of time. This is the 1/48 Tamiya F-14A that is their new offering. So far the assembly has gone on quite well but since the humidity is currently hanging around Oklahoma like a lecher it is taking about 3 times as long for the paint to out gas and cure. This is a great time to complete some of the other sub assemblies like seats and ordnance.

One of the big faux pas that I found out that I am responsible for is installing the landing gear, gear doors and some of the ordnance stations before I paint the upper surface color. It will prove to be a daunting task to even get close to looking good with out going back and repainting those things white after all the over spray because there isn't much chance of taping those things on the model.I doubt that I will ever learn his lesson.

Anyway, I did get all of the flying surfaces pretty much done along with the interior and the Phoenix.

After the paint on the wing panels is cured then I can continue on with the painting of the fuselage an d fixing all of those areas that will need to be repainted.

Paul that is looking good. Have you considered aluminum foil to mask the gear and gear doors? Wrap the foil around the gear and then tape the doors off; maybe add some dabs of Silly Putty or blue tack if you have it to seal any o0ther parts of the gear bay. That's what I've done. The aluminum foil doesn't stick to the parts like Silly Putty would but also effectively masks it and then comes off fairly easily.

Ian, brilliant work on that Alphajet.

I put the Tomcat up to let paint cure and to figure out how I am going to go about painting all the black around the canopy. Yeah, I know there are decals but that is just something else for me to mess up.

In the meantime, F-18C. I think I have most of the undersides, except for the ordnance, installed. Ill get the rest of the bits and bobs for the top side done after decaling and the obligatory weathering. All in all, not bad for my practice kit. I almost can't wait to get to the other one and do a right job of it.

Looking good Paul-- reminds me of my civilian stint at NAS Miramar when I was at the end of the flight line with a.sound meter with all the carrier jets flying over me ;)

Back