• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Lower hull and rolling gear all done. According to Scalemates this kit sates from 1975, and I think that I have an original issue here. The molding is crisp and light a little flash on the small and delicate pieces but TBH,it's bl**dy marvelous for its' age.

h436eb05.jpg

Alongside my 'slow burn' project the Academy M18 Hellcat it's a very similar length but far narrower. And as I don't think I've shown the Hellcat, here's a couple more pics:

h926e9d3.jpg

hce733ae.jpg

Now when I say 'slow burn project', you need to know that I started this in 1997 - the year it was issued... so you can tell I'm not rushing this one !!

:eek:ldguy

Ian.

Back to the F-14.

I chose not to apply the glare panel decals because I have issues with them behaving as they should so I went with masking and painting instead. The semi-circular part of the panel that is up frond was the challenge, though no hard to do I did get is sort of crooked but then I may do something else with it later anyway. Decalling tomorrow and then some minor weathering and hopefully I'll have something that isn't scary.

sorry for the thumb nails but I am still trying to learn the ins and outs of the new hosting site

I wil admit it, I have finally given in and been bit by the WW1 bug. Working on my Albatros D.I today trying to make the incorrect seatbelts set right. Gave in and ordered the WNW Albatros D.V triple kit and a Roden D.I and an Encore D.II. They should all be here sometime this week.

:yipee

I can move this one off of the bench now. Building this one and trying to move it around the bench and photographing it is a chore because it isn't a small plane by any stretch of the imagination. I now have to make up some sort of photo table that will handle this big hogs.

It really is a milestone for me because it is the first 32 scale jet I have done in quite some time all the others have met with an untimely fate. The other one that I have in the stash wont get started until some time around the new year and I will have a heads up as to the ins and outs of this kit and how to go about them.

Not cheap but if you can stretch to a wing nut wings they are superb.

Have a small hoard of them Paddy. Just have been holding off on doing any building to keep up the suspense. Finally gave in with Alex building some WWI planes and am working on one of the older Gavia (Eduard) Albatros kits. Have really liked working on it so far and bit on for some more kits in my favorite detail scale (1/32). Really need to clean out the hoard on the smaller stuff that I now don't really plan on building. Will probably wait until the weather starts to cool off now as I don't want to ship plastic in the hot weather.

Paul that NAVY fighter is looking well worn and maintained. Looks good my friend!
I_LIKE_IT.jpg

I can move this one off of the bench now. Building this one and trying to move it around the bench and photographing it is a chore because it isn't a small plane by any stretch of the imagination. I now have to make up some sort of photo table that will handle this big hogs.

It really is a milestone for me because it is the first 32 scale jet I have done in quite some time all the others have met with an untimely fate. The other one that I have in the stash wont get started until some time around the new year and I will have a heads up as to the ins and outs of this kit and how to go about them.

Well done Paul! :good:

Looks good Paul.

I have the M198 basically finished. Just need to make a cover for the gun sight and muzzle and I can prime and paint. Switched thoughts mid stream and instead of the basic M1083 I have ordered an uparmoured M1083 to pull this gun. And tonight I started on an AMX 10 SEPAR which will be done in markings from Mali.

h259b7ca.JPG

hc57478b.JPG

he18a470.JPG

Felt good to get some plastic glued together.

I think it looks cool Dave.
Despite the heat and because of the humidity I got some more work done on the AMX but no painting. So turret added armour. Added some Black Dog kit before all the tiny stuff goes on so I can fit everything that needs to be fitted.

he5dfcfb.JPG

h7464b5a.JPG

h95faac0.JPG

Well the issues with the Gun truck just keep mounting. I've fubarded the front bumper to no end so I figure do a mulligan once again and pulled out the A37 Dragonfly I got at a show recently.

Two kits in here so that's par for my build needs. :coolio

h838f0f9.jpg

I know in 20 years when this highly collectible kit is bringing in mega bucks I'll regret opening it but oh well... :facepalm

Didn't get far...

h20c0bd2.jpg

Who made the resin, Edward? :bang head

I'll try the hot bath thing on this to see if it's not warped but dang...did I spend all my model mojo on the Belle?

Well the issues with the Gun truck just keep mounting. I've fubarded the front bumper to no end so I figure do a mulligan once again and pulled out the A37 Dragonfly I got at a show recently.

Two kits in here so that's par for my build needs. :coolio

h838f0f9.jpg

I know in 20 years when this highly collectible kit is bringing in mega bucks I'll regret opening it but oh well... :facepalm

Didn't get far...

h20c0bd2.jpg

Who made the resin, Edward? :bang head

I'll try the hot bath thing on this to see if it's not warped but dang...did I spend all my model mojo on the Belle?

Wile_E_Coyote.jpg

:facepalm

Back