• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

No joy on the hot bath, I actaully moved the sidewalls out a bit to match the kit part and as they cooled, they shrunk back in to original place...:bang head

Need a Snark...

Wow Bob, sorry to hear that. I had no such issue with my Hasegawa Dragonfly, so maybe you want to consider one of them.

Meanwhile, here's some progress I made a couple weeks ago. Due to heavy work, Comicon and extreme frustration, I am only just now able to post this Maddog Manufacturing update. I really didn't get very much done at all relative to my usual productivity, but progress is progress. I'll start with my aircraft so I can explain the extreme frustration part...

Once I sanded the cracks out of my C-118 wings; I was preparing to re-paint the wings by masking off the fuselage. Since I had already shot a couple coats of clear over this; I decided to use frisket film. The frisket film shifted a bit during application and so I pulled it up slightly to re-position it in place and this happened:

WIP_CargoHaulersCampaign_XXXIXb.jpg

This plane damn near impacted the wall with the velocity of an unladen African swallow! :frantic :bang head :bang head :bang head :angry:

I controlled myself though and set it aside....gently. My friend Steve picked up another kit of this same plane at the Nationals for me so I'll be able to replace that decal. Then I'll be shooting TEN coats of clear over them to be sure!

Moving on, I also dealt with the decals on my Jetstream. Here they are after I applied a coat of Liquid Decal Film over them. They have been sitting in my window for a couple weeks now to bleach out:

WIP_USAF_Jetstream_VI.jpg

Moving on, there is a One True Scale Group Build on another Forums so I submitted this model for it. This is Dragon's LCM-3 that I started when I was bored and had nothing else to work on due to wet glue or paint:

WIP_OTS_2017_I.jpg

I started with the cockpit(?). For the life of me I could not get that assembly to line up. This was the best looking job I had managed to do:

WIP_OTS_2017_II.jpg

I then moved on to the front ramp, adding the hinge parts to the bottom:

WIP_OTS_2017_III.jpg

Of course, that meant that I now had to finish adding the bars on top:

WIP_OTS_2017_IV.jpg

That is all ready for installation now. Man, I expected this model to fit better, but it has been a mass of ill-fitting parts and unclear positioning!

Moving on I added the top deck to the lower hull and that is as far as this got to date:

WIP_OTS_2017_V.jpg

From here, I pulled out my Borax Wagon Train and finished the dark wash on the wagons; removed the masking on the wheels and suspension; and re-assembled everything. I also completed the water wagon which had never been assembled to the chassis. This is now ready for some dusting and dirtying:

WIP_Borax_Wagon_Train_XVII.jpg

I also have to paint up the 20 mules for this so I can get everything assembled. Now where did I put that base for this......

Finally on my armor; I did a few minor things. The Schturmtiger got almost all the P/E it needs as well as the wheels installed; I just have to add the P/E crane parts and then find the driver's vision slot and I'll be able to paint this:

WIP_Borax_Wagon_Train_XVII.jpg

WIP_BS_GB_Shturmtiger_IX.jpg

You can see one of the side fenders disappeared so this is going to be missing a fender....

I also lost the P/E fret for my Sherman so I improvised the fenders with some sheet styrene. I do still need to sand it smooth, but the fenders are now closed off on this as they are supposed to be:

WIP_Sherman_Mineroller_XIII.jpg

Just another test fit to make sure my new fender additions won't conflict with the mine roller mount:

WIP_Sherman_Mineroller_XIV.jpg

Finally, I shot a gloss clear over the Vauxhall car to shine it up. Here it is all test fit together now. I had to rob a steering wheel from one of my Aerosans since the Vauxhall one disappeared:

WIP_Roden_Vauxhall_XI.jpg

Disregard that piece of lint on this; that was easily removed once I saw it later. Now all I need to do next is start on the interior detail painting. I also found the clear parts for this so I'll be able to finish it now!

That's all I have for now. I'm not sure when I'll be able to work on anything again for a few days... or maybe weeks.... so stay tuned and I'll post again when I can get something else done.

Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Not quite on the bench, just supervising from the shelf nearest the (sunny) window... Tulip is about a year old and the most curious cat ever... probably !!

hb58ee18.jpg

Ian.

Wing roots were a little 'troublesome' which I fully expected, but a smear of Squadron 'Fine' and a little rubbing, polishing and re-painting/masking/re-painting again, and we're all done.

h33af386.jpg

h8945ed7.jpg

Finished the camo this afternoon:

h87993e9.jpg

h7c13e72.jpg

hf57222d.jpg

Next I'll mask ready for the anti-glare panel and anti-corrosion areas on the intake ramp & lips.
No tidying up to do with the camo, all went exactly to plan - cannot think when that last happened, but I'll tane-it !!

More soon.

Ian.

I've been slowly picking away at a couple little builds over the summer. The 1/72 Hasegawa Daimler is pretty much done but will add some more weathering when I get to that stage with the other one.

03DaimlerMKII.jpg

04DaimlerMKII.jpg

Also on the bench is Italeri's 1/72 Camionetta AS 42 Sah. Getting close with this one too.

01CamionettaAS42.jpg

02CamionettaAS42.jpg

Dave, that's the French.

Nice work on those great little vehicles. Everything is looking sharp.

Great job on all these fantastic models. Keep going guys! I love watching this Thread grow.

It's a big bench but soon as I get this done the inside water damage will have to be fixed ...

hc8cfa0c_2017-07-17.jpg

ha44fdf1.jpg

hd3691d8.jpg

h3e5abef.jpg

This piece of sheetrock is hanging over my workbench that's why I work on the trouble ... :drinks

The guy that invented the textured process should be shot. I don't envy you Gary.

Thanks guys for your kind thoughts ... the roof is finished and it turned out very nice ...

h4b91026.jpg

h46d47d2.jpg

h05c8eb9.jpg

Now all I have to do is finish the blue wainscoting and then get new under pinning ... but the leak has stopped inside ... now back to the bench, I do have to put up drop clothes and replace or repair that ceiling sheetrock ... :good:

From the weekend...

heb3eae8.jpg

h26dc80f.jpg

h61798a1.jpg

Flory 'Dark Dirt' wash and now wearing it's tail stripes. Next I'll seal this in with a coat of Klear/Future and start the rest of the decals.

AFN

Ian.

Looks Very Good Ian ... I wish I could get a break and just have time for Modeling ...

My Bench is purdy clear right now ...

h413a7bb.jpg

But Due to rent increases at my place of business ... I'm moving the Hobby Shop ... to my Land in Cash, Texas ...

hbcbd1c0.jpg

This Building needs improvement ... but since it's on my land and on a busy highway ... Maybe I'll do good ...

hb905f2c.jpg

h2ea1fc1.jpg

Now should I Change my Hobby Shop Name ??? to Cash Hobbies ???

Back