• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Re: All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

Going to the Scale Model Challenge in Veldhoven [NL]. :yipee

Greetings,Ron.

Went with my partner in crime and took a bunch of photos of this M60A3

M60A3217.jpg

Just came back from the Scale Model Challenge show...pictures will follow sometime this week! :)

Greetings,Ron.

Well... I'm starting to organize things in my "new" hobby room - I got some custom made cabinets, benches and other furniture to go along. There is still a lotta stuff to be installed but I think you can get an idea of how it will look and work. For me, the best piece of furniture is the little rolling drawer "whatchyamacallit": great little fella that will follow me around the room! ;) I'll send you other pics when it's all tidied up...

Cheers! B)
Fernao
PS: this one is in homage to Chris Phantom II and Iron Mike who have been following the saga and "pushing me on" ever since it first started, a long, long, long time ago! :eek:hyeah

armario_2_rzd.JPG
[/img]

gaveteiro_ferramentas_rzd.JPG
[/img]

Now that is going to be one great modeling room BUT where is the big screen TV :geek

Finally relaxing after a day of building models at Hobby Day Friday and then working our Orangecon Regional contest here. I took nine models and didn't place. Not surprising given the incredible quality of all the work on the tables. I did score with eight raffle prizes yesterday. I'll have to post my latest acquisitions here to see who wants to trade for what; given that most of my prizes are something not in my scale. I also judged and that was tough! There are certain categories that I won't judge if I can help it; it is too difficult breaking down the First, Second and Third place winners due to the quality of the work in contention.

It was quite the blast. Now back to work....

And Fernao goes hi-tech ! (y) Now, we'll expect to see something from your end of the world :coolio

Cheers, Christian B)

Finally sitting down & resting. Worked my butt off this weekend. Next weekend my wife & I are moving to Mooresville, NC and its been a mad rush to get everything done. We were originally going to move up on Nov. 17th, but 2 weeks ago we pushed it up to Oct. 20th, so we went from 8 weeks out at the time to 3 weeks. We rented a storage room about a mile from the new apartment back in August, so every week we've been taking boxes up w/ us when we'd go to work. Today we took another load up, along w/ my pickup which I parked outside my office, so I dont have to worry about driving it up next weekend.

It is day five of the final move for us. At this point in time I am about ready to drop. Hopefully today is the final day since I seem to have gotten sick with the flu. Oh and it hasn't rained in four months until yesterday. Makes it so much fun lol.

Looks like if it does not rain in the US we here in africa get lots of rain.

Dave where I live receives only 4 inches of rain yearly. We have already surpassed this by quite a bit. Construction is taking place to remove tons of earth which covered the roads during flooding.I feel a hard winter is coming in the desert south west!

On a brighter note, I went to Disneyland!

My 82 year young mother in law asked if we could take her to the Magic Kingdom to see Mickey Mouse. We are 5 hours away, and she has never gone, so naturally we took a road trip! I am currently resting from my recreation.

G

Just got back from Lexington and Kearney Nebraska as soon as the battery for the camera charges back up I will begin to down some pictures. :D

Went and sold popcorn with my boy for Cub Scouts at the local store...then swept the chimney as it turned near 70 (ironic, eh?)-- and then spent the rest of the day on my own modeling while the rest of the family did their 4H thing-- got a lot of little stuff done...gotta take pics tonight as things sit a bit and dry...

:popcorn

Hmmmm... I have a granddaughter who is doing the whole Daisy thing with the Girl Sprouts...

COOKIES!

:yipee

The Wife's been down east visiting her mom- I'll be picking her up at LAX this afternoon. Andi has been downright bratty with her mommy gone! I'm finally getting over a nasty virus after two weeks of it- missed three days of work this past week. The good news is that I could putter at the bench, and the 388 is almost done. Pics to come! I need some advice- what's a good diameter steel tube for pitot tubes? Need to get some for that and for the Neptune radar aerials under the wing. Those and the aerial will be the last additions. I hope to get the crew hatch and gear doors on this morning. :dude

Back