• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Re: All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

Having a lazy day at the bench. But I did get my reservation in for the IPMS Nationals next year in Loveland, CO. :yipee

I had an easy day of work. I am watching Soylent Green on DVD now. After that,The Omega Man.

Local IPMS meeting. I continued my unbroken string... Every time I show up I win at least 1 model. Today's prize was the kinetic 1/48 SA-2. Next month is Cleveland Model Show... Ya' all come!

The Wife's been down east visiting her mom- I'll be picking her up at LAX this afternoon. Andi has been downright bratty with her mommy gone! I'm finally getting over a nasty virus after two weeks of it- missed three days of work this past week. The good news is that I could putter at the bench, and the 388 is almost done. Pics to come! I need some advice- what's a good diameter steel tube for pitot tubes? Need to get some for that and for the Neptune radar aerials under the wing. Those and the aerial will be the last additions. I hope to get the crew hatch and gear doors on this morning. :dude

Chuck,For 72 I would think a 22 gauge hypo needle would work maybe 30 but it is pretty small and be sure to take the trocar off by lightly filing it with a jewelers file. I am insulin dependent and I have yet to use the syringes for any application of cement or glues but the needles come in handy.

Just for the hell of it I thought I'd shovel the sidewalks at 4 am :D

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

:drinks

Nice :( At least the snow is gone here. But god aweful cold. I'm surfing the net instead of making lunch and getting ready for work. Guess I better get my phat phanny perpendicular in gear.
James

Not sure where you live but I can tell you it's the biggest reason I moved further South . Those Ohio winters were too much like work :sick:

Cheers, Christian B)

Did you get your move done?

It is day five of the final move for us. At this point in time I am about ready to drop. Hopefully today is the final day since I seem to have gotten sick with the flu. Oh and it hasn't rained in four months until yesterday. Makes it so much fun lol.

We got our move done this past weekend and dang I'm still exhausted, and I imagine this will be the trend for awhile. I got the truck at 8:30 Friday morning, and finally finished loading it at 9:30 Friday night. Got to the new apartment at about 9:30 Sat. morning and had everything finished and into the apartment by about 1:15 (that included getting the truck unloaded then going to the storage room I had and unloading all the boxes from it into the moving truck, then going back to the apartment and unloading the truck a 2nd time).

Now I'm working on the process of getting everything sorted out again. Got the last of the kitchen boxes unpacked last night, and move of our fragile stuff has been unpacked into the hutch to keep it all safe. Was hoping to start working on getting my modeling bench set up last night, but ran out of daylight. Our apartment has no lights in the bedrooms, and we havent had a chance to go buy any lights, so once the sun goes down, it gets difficult to do anything in the bedrooms.

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

YIKES!!! Not looking forward to snow this year, but at least w/ the move, I'm only 2 miles from my office, so I wont have to deal w/ it much if there is bad weather. Worst part will be getting out of the apartment complex, since its up hill from where my building is at, to get to the main road.

Did you get your move done?

It is day five of the final move for us. At this point in time I am about ready to drop. Hopefully today is the final day since I seem to have gotten sick with the flu. Oh and it hasn't rained in four months until yesterday. Makes it so much fun lol.

We got our move done this past weekend and dang I'm still exhausted, and I imagine this will be the trend for awhile. I got the truck at 8:30 Friday morning, and finally finished loading it at 9:30 Friday night. Got to the new apartment at about 9:30 Sat. morning and had everything finished and into the apartment by about 1:15 (that included getting the truck unloaded then going to the storage room I had and unloading all the boxes from it into the moving truck, then going back to the apartment and unloading the truck a 2nd time).

Now I'm working on the process of getting everything sorted out again. Got the last of the kitchen boxes unpacked last night, and move of our fragile stuff has been unpacked into the hutch to keep it all safe. Was hoping to start working on getting my modeling bench set up last night, but ran out of daylight. Our apartment has no lights in the bedrooms, and we havent had a chance to go buy any lights, so once the sun goes down, it gets difficult to do anything in the bedrooms.

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

YIKES!!! Not looking forward to snow this year, but at least w/ the move, I'm only 2 miles from my office, so I wont have to deal w/ it much if there is bad weather. Worst part will be getting out of the apartment complex, since its up hill from where my building is at, to get to the main road.

Yup we finished up the move on Saturday. Got the old place all cleaned up and looking nice and have most of the stuff unpacked in the new place. Still haven't set up my hobby desk. But my new airbrush compressor is waiting for me on the porch today.

It was a blustery day today only rising to the upper 60's. Perfect for painting. I received one of the new Revell 1950 Oldsmobiles, it's well on it's way to being a period CHP car.

G

To dark to do ANYHING?

The song Radar Love keeps going through my mind

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

That white line in the hills around my place keeps getting lower and lower but thankfully it hasn't sunk to my level yet. Did get a couple of wet flakes this morning though. It's coming. :bang head

Well third snow of the year. This one may stick although it has warmed up a bit. -3ish C. Nice weather to do some modeling and sip some tea.
James

Getting my stuff together today. Hitting the road tomorrow for a job up in Tennessee. I'll be there till next Tuesday, away from the bench...Might be hit and miss here on the forum, y'all hold the fort down! :mpup

today i find myself very anxious to get home. i say this as i am at one job waiting to go to the other job. i want to get home and get into the next project. auto this time.

joe

Waiting to hear from the auto shop- is my new ragtop on the Spyder yet? :yipee

This weekend's Ju388 update will be the (hopefully) penultimate episode!

Chuk I can't wait to see that episode! :woohoo:

All the best! :drinks
Dusan.

Chukw,

You know better than to say something like that! It is like saying "Quiet" in an Emergency Room. :rotf

Beside big words confuse SADave.... :yipee

Bring it on!

Back