• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Re: All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

Exercise?!? what is that? You all just need to get a job working for the Archaeology department of the Forest Service. Already lost 20 pounds over the summer just because of all the walking and digging. Today is just another day of packing boxes. My wife has already "given" me my location in the new place for my hobby desk lol.

What I want to know is who's gonna falsify the documents for your ages ? :S

I like the way you think Saul. I got my optivisor out! :rotf

As for employment, I have a Masters in Landscape Architecture and like many I lost my job when the economy tanked. I could have gotten another office job in another city but my wife and I agreed that that wasn't the best thing for our kids as they have a good group of friends and we didn't want to uproot them just as they were getting into high school. I was fortunate enough to have made some contacts with some of the local landscaping companies at my old job and was able to get a job doing some design work but mostly doing manual labour out in the field. I haven't lost any weight but I did lose several inches off my waist and gained a lot of muscle. Not sure I want to go back into an office at this point! :D

I agree with you Dave . If you can afford it, manual labor makes for a clear conscience and sound sleeping.

Besides I preferred the smell of jet fuel to paper any day.

Cheers, Christian B)

I agree there. As a self-employed handyman/home repairman, I get to do a lot of that. Sometimes even on my own home! Now if I could only drop some of these pounds it would make my jobs a lot easier to do. As for Saul's solution for mutual weight loss, my wife is too old to help with my diet.

Okay, I'm off to place another bid for work. See y'all 'round the Forums!

Well it begins. Had to scrape ice off the windshield this morning. Looking forward to the weekend even though its going to be sub 0C and rainy.
James

Ouch ! You should invest in a vacation place in Florida . That seems so early to me for Ice . :sick:

Cheers, Christian B)

Ice already? Man that would be nice right now. I've been working repairing people's homes and patio cover in 95+ degree heat! A couple days even broke 100. Here's hoping a good cooldown starts happening here. Heat slows me down way too much.

Frost here over the weekend. There goes my garden. No mo maters and watamelons. :angry:

Guess I missed it but one of the night shift guys was saying there were snow flurries in the morning. :sick:
James

Shot back up to the 70s with loads of rain last couple days...

We visited a modelshow Not far from here and we had a great time there with lots of nice models (y)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-ZODEF-qz8&feature=youtu.be

//Mats

Back