• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Re: All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

Wish we had some rain here, course it would boil off before it hit the ground.

Hi, Mark- remember chatting at the Pasadena show about your train? It's funny neither of us made the "real world" vs MA connection! I'm in Redondo- where are you again? I drew a 15% off from the hat- I picked up a PV-1 at last, as well as the new Squadron B-24 book and a Lion Roar PE hinge and handle jig. I got some pigments and two tyoes of AK fluid Effects at Brookhurst. :drinks

So what evil plans do you have for the PV-1 kit lol. Have that one also and it looks like an amazing kit for such a low price. Now why can't Tamiya release two engine birds for a price under 30 bucks.

No rain here either. Just doing stuff around the house and getting ready for week three of work. Nothing exciting from last week. Just a three day training that was more of a refresher than anything. But I did find 3 bifaces, and two unifaces. Forgot my camera so no photos of them. Nothing to get excited about anyways lol.

Well Bob you might just get your wish. It's hailing pretty good here right now :popcorn

Canopy going on! It's a real case of waiting for glue to dry. I did add 30-odd moisture traps to the inside surfaces of the greenhouse. :gogo

See the little white discs in the corners?
V7_Teilansicht.gif

Oy Vey! You are driving me mashugena with all the detail :blink

Well Bob you might just get your wish. It's hailing pretty good here right now :popcorn

We had it hit here also but I swear...nothing hit the ground, temps dropped about 30 degrees though! People are running around like it's raining beer or something... :drinks

Canopy going on! It's a real case of waiting for glue to dry. I did add 30-odd moisture traps to the inside surfaces of the greenhouse. :gogo

See the little white discs in the corners?
V7_Teilansicht.gif

Such a TEASE!!! :woohoo:

After looking at the radar, I'm not surprised to hear you were getting hail there Chris. We managed to get a decent amount of rain here, after hitting 108° at about 2pm this afternoon.

Canopy on! Furnace tape strips at rear and front junctures, Miliput Black curing on the "jowels". No time for a photo update, but time- definitely- for a beer. Pics of beer will follow.

:drinks
chuk

Hi, Mark- remember chatting at the Pasadena show about your train? It's funny neither of us made the "real world" vs MA connection! I'm in Redondo- where are you again? I drew a 15% off from the hat- I picked up a PV-1 at last, as well as the new Squadron B-24 book and a Lion Roar PE hinge and handle jig. I got some pigments and two tyoes of AK fluid Effects at Brookhurst. :drinks

Yeah, I remember! I took that train and three other models to Minicon in Ontario on Saturday. Didn't place, and I didn't even win anything from the raffle. My train almost didn't get judged even; they had no room for it on their tables so I was located on a side counter!

I'm in Rowland Heights, but I'm a member of Orange County IPMS. Great bunch of guys!

I also went to Military Hobbies on Sunday. loaded up on paint, sanding sticks, some glue, and paint thinner as well as three models: Dragon's Chi Ha late, a Churchill III, and an Italeri Italian heavy gun and crew. I had also pulled a 15% off coupon for all that. Kept it under $100.00 bucks!

Hey, our next IPMS meeting is the third Friday of this month; maybe you can swing by. That would rock!

Day 3 of my new job... and I haven't killed anyone, yet.

Week 1:

Blah, Blah, Blah from the training folks. :bang head :bang head :bang head

Whine, Whine, Whine from the new employees who have no idea how to navigate a computer screen. :bang head :bang head

The good news is... I earn 4.6 sick hours a pay period and once the paper work is in I will earn vacation time at 20 days a year. And, If God is truly a merciful being... There is a center 2.1 miles from me. I can frickin' walk to work!!!!! :drinks

Week 1:

Blah, Blah, Blah from the training folks. :bang head :bang head :bang head

Whine, Whine, Whine from the new employees who have no idea how to navigate a computer screen. :bang head :bang head

The good news is... I earn 4.6 sick hours a pay period and once the paper work is in I will earn vacation time at 20 days a year. And, If God is truly a merciful being... There is a center 2.1 miles from me. I can frickin' walk to work!!!!! :drinks

Don't you love that first week of work Barney lol. NIce that you earn that much sick leave per pay period.

Just getting to the bench, too hot to do much else. Actually have a real weekend!! :drinks

Back