• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Re: All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

Good to hear Mike! Been crazy here between my wedding anniversary and getting ready for my daughter Abby's horse show today. Luke won a Tony Hawk bike at the library summer reading opener last night...now that the contest entries are done, I can concentrate on the LVT-4/105mm builds I am doing for a Summer Break GB...

Well did the shopping thing and hit the hobby shop to see the gang. Ended up selling my F-117 that I was showing a guy. We also went and bought a small boat, trailer and 8hp motor to be picked up Monday. Might be able to hit the lake Tuesday after work as they are calling for another major storm on Monday. Hours of fishing and hours less modeling. Oh well I guess thats why they invented winter.
James

James you just solved my long standing riddle as to why there are no Hobby shops here ? :fencing

Grilling some steak and mushrooms and corn and some bacon wrapped scallops. Its freaking hot outside.

James

At least you did not sink the HMS. Knaus . Guess it could have been worse . :drinks

turned meat into a brickette? :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

TURN IN YOUR MAN CARD> :bang head :vmad :bang head :vmad :rotf

Baking. Its 86F today and supposed to be almost 90F tomorrow. Now I know thats not warm compared to most places, but a lot of you dont live where it gets to -40C or -50C either. So right now I'm melting. Got the boat though. So maybe out on the lake tomorrow after work.
James

Shoot...I was going to ask how the scallops came out. I've always wanted to try that, but I'm afraid the
scallops will get overdone before the bacon cooks.

Tom

Actually when the bacon gets done the scallops should be. doesn't take much heat to cook scallops. I grew up in a seafood restaurant and oddly enough I don't like scallops, any other seafood i'm all over it. But rule of thumb about bacon wrapped stuff, if the bacon is done the food is done. Least that's been my experience. :mpup

Real scallops are awesome, trouble is, too many places sell skate. Definitely not the same!! Sorry to hear you had hockey pucks for dinner, James. Happens now and then! :(

Got one of the photos of my son with his service dog in training this morning from the photographer.

Ian_and_Mac.jpg

Had to go to the lawyers office this morning.

On Feb 2,2009 my wife was in a car accident where an 85 y/o woman ran a stop light and broadsided our 6 m/o car, doing about 8k in damage.

Todays visit was the mediation for the personal injury claim we filed against her & her insurance. Unfortunately her insurance (State Farm) has been fighting us, and making insulting low ball offers.

Today they finally made an offer that we were willing to accept, and the nice thing is that its finally over, and there will be enough money left after the bills and lawyer are paid, that we can pay off some other bills that I've been working for quite awhile to pay off.

Back