• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Re: All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

Today was spent tearing apart the lawnmower and getting it running again. Then mowing the lawn. Yeah what a fun day. I tell you that new ethanol gas just sucks for lawnmowers and old classic cars. There was a facepalm moment today as well. Got the carb all cleaned and put back on and tried to start it and nothing. Spent about and hour tinkering with it again only to realize the fuel shutoff was turned lol.

A manly day indeed, Nerdling! I was scrubbing toilets and vacuuming- but then we went to see The Avengers. If you haven't yet, get ye to yon cinema! :geek

A manly day indeed, Nerdling! I was scrubbing toilets and vacuuming- but then we went to see The Avengers. If you haven't yet, get ye to yon cinema! :geek

Oh yeah great movie isn't it. Went and saw it last week. Best Marvel movie so far in my opinion. I just loved the one liners and of course Captain America is just beyond awesome.

I just got home from seeing Avengers, and thought it was excellent. But now I've got several movies to catch up on. Haven't seen Ironman 2, Captain America, Incredible Hulk or Thor yet.

Also got paid today for the 3D models that I did, so I'm extremely happy. Going to be buying several models w/ that money. Also got the last of my birthday money today, so I'll be buying a Windows 7 upgrade, and then using the left over money to buy more models! haha

Many moons ago, when dear ran free and gas cost less than $1, I worked in a lawn mower repair shop. The pure idiocy of some of our customers! One little old lady wanted us to repair a 40 year old roto-tiller. Just the parts for it cost more than a new one. We tried to tell her this and she insisted! Briggs and Staton no longer made that motor so we retro-fitted a different one. She refused to take it and sued us for destroying her property! The judge saw it our way...

Have no fear, Nerdling... Your Man Card is still valid. You were obviously distracted by something female. Stick to that story! :gogo

Many moons ago, when dear ran free and gas cost less than $1, I worked in a lawn mower repair shop. The pure idiocy of some of our customers! One little old lady wanted us to repair a 40 year old roto-tiller. Just the parts for it cost more than a new one. We tried to tell her this and she insisted! Briggs and Staton no longer made that motor so we retro-fitted a different one. She refused to take it and sued us for destroying her property! The judge saw it our way...

Have no fear, Nerdling... Your Man Card is still valid. You were obviously distracted by something female. Stick to that story! :gogo

Yeah that is what happened Barney had to have been hehe. In other news I just got my welcome letter to the Forest Service so it is now official. I was even promoted a gs level. Means more money for me :yipee and it will look good on a resume. I will be taking loads of photos this summer for you guys.

More then likely hehe. Can never have enough plastic in the stash. Already have my eye on a few new purchases.

A couple hours of my day was spent on the side of the road. A trailer tire blew. :eek:hmy: The force of the tire blowing bent the
steel bracket for the mudflap inward.

It could have been worse. The tire could have blown as I was crossing a state truck weigh station. :silly:

I have to go to the beach again on Sanibel Island,boy it's a tough life.

Been vacationing here since 1990,it is great. Doesn't get a lot of attention,which keeps it good.

Got up at 4AM,then delivered my load.Then came home. Hopefully,I can muster up the courage to finish my F Troop mecha. :gogo

Back