• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Re: All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

This wouldnt be bad if not for the +10 a few days back. Weird weather here. The lake isnt even frozen over. Its never stayed open in recorded history. Oh well back to modeling. Next week I'll be gainfully employed again and cant wait.
James

I remember my first day at Grand Forks ND, the parking lot had all those power plugs, I thought the USAF was being nice and letting folks you power tools to work on their cars, I never heard of the need to have a block heater! After 3 winters, I got back down here were we never heard of a block heater!!! Brr man!

So James finally broke out the wind breaker?? :mpup

today has been rough. An unexpected phone call has brought up a lot of bad memories. Here's a news article concerning the phone call. The victims in the article are me and my family.

News Story

The story behind the story is that they used our concern for Ian's health, he had just had one of his 20 operations, to gain our trust that they would make sure we would have a safe place to raise and care for our son.

today has been rough. An unexpected phone call has brought up a lot of bad memories. Here's a news article concerning the phone call. The victims in the article are me and my family.

News Story

The story behind the story is that they used our concern for Ian's health, he had just had one of his 20 operations, to gain our trust that they would make sure we would have a safe place to raise and care for our son.

.... :evil: I know what I would do to such criminals[sub]but that would be...criminal[/sub]so I better leave it to the judge...

:vmad hate when people take advantage of others just to get money!
I hope it all ends well for you and your family, and how it ends for those guys..... :evil:
//Mats

Glad to read that justice has been served on one of them, looks like the other is going to get it also.

glad to read that they were sentenced! i just find the sentence too mild - a few decades of chain gang fun would have been better ...

glad to read that they were sentenced! i just find the sentence too mild - a few decades of chain gang fun would have been better ...
We agree Laura. We get no restitution and thus no way to replace the home we lived in for 17 years. We were very fortunate to have a place to go rent free for as long as we need to get back on our feet. It's a 12' x 40' cabin that my mother-in-law owns. The only drawback is that privacy is very rare, the cabin is in her yard. I call it the compound.

We eat at our desks or on tv trays and Ian's room doubles as the laundry room. Over 80% of our belongings is in storage.

I want to apologize for some of the moods I've been in since joining the forum. Sometimes the living arrangements and the inlaws' drama gets the best of me and I blow. :gogo

The three local ATA karate schools put on a mini-tournament today. It was Ian's first. We did find out that he needs his instructor or some one he is familiar and comfortable with to participate. He had a meltdown when the instructor from the Moss Bluff school tried to get him to do his form. With the help of Renee's iphone games and another mom who knows Ian, he relaxed and did very well.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEfIw2NewJI&

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0XR7PewPhY&

For those of you who don't know, Ian was born at 24 weeks and developed hydrocephalus when he was only a months old. He also has epilepsy and global brain damage from multiple bouts with meningitis. On top of it all, he was born without his corpus callosum, the main neuro pathway in the brain.

(y) what a fighter!
My girlfriend Veerle is now 24 weeks pregnant, it's a though start in life to be born so early, and then the other things ontop of that, but he seems to do great!
//Mats

Good health is a precious thing we all too much take for ordinary.
Think it's very cool that Ian can participate in such sports! (y)

Greetings,Ron.

The three local ATA karate schools put on a mini-tournament today. It was Ian's first. We did find out that he needs his instructor or some one he is familiar and comfortable with to participate. He had a meltdown when the instructor from the Moss Bluff school tried to get him to do his form. With the help of Renee's iphone games and another mom who knows Ian, he relaxed and did very well.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEfIw2NewJI&

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0XR7PewPhY&

For those of you who don't know, Ian was born at 24 weeks and developed hydrocephalus when he was only a months old. He also has epilepsy and global brain damage from multiple bouts with meningitis. On top of it all, he was born without his corpus callosum, the main neuro pathway in the brain.

Don't know what's up with the Youtube links lately, I know Terry had a problem with them also. Seems they are forming them differently.

Kenny, it's clear Ian is a fighter in all sense of the word. Also would like to sing the praise of that young fellow who Ian is sparing with. Not everyone would be willing to be so patient, I know.

Rock on Ian! :fencing

He is a special guy.

@Moonpup - The two young men in the videos, the one holding the pad during his forms and the other one sparring with him are great. As a black belt, you are really on your own to learn the next form and prepare to test for the varying degrees. These two young men, and a third who wasn't there, are more than willing to help with Ian as with the other camo belts in his class. We've never had to explain anything to them about Ian, they just naturally picked up on him needing help and work with accordingly.

Two Words

Disaster Recovery!!!!

I love my job..I love my job..I love my job...

It's going to be a long night.

:zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :fencing :fencing :zen :zen :zen :zen
Good luck Bob!

Well, I'm going to job to Bob...
Good luck there Bob! :v
I'm going to work with some "Rough Stuff" that people do... :pinch:

Cheers Mates...

Back