• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Re: All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

It's 04:20 and i sit at the computer....having a cold and can't sleep....... it sucks :(
//Mats

Yeah bourbon might help.
Otherwise let Veerle make you a grog;http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=grog&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CFQQFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.globalgourmet.com%2Ffood%2Ffoodscpe%2Fresources%2Fcocktails%2Fgrog.html&ei=YMwrT6WEIIjD8QO1_oiMDw&usg=AFQjCNFEKfX5reQF4a5Zu6a-Ub6hz8mXnw

Greetings,Ron.

Had some warm gluhwijn it did some good for the throat mmmm
Don't know if i dare to drink something that Veerle mix up hahaha maybe i get more sick!
//Mats

Hi Mats. Sorry to hear you feel so bad. I have to admit, I had not though of gluhwijn (don't know how to spell it ) for a sore throat but i sure do remember how good it worked for warning you up. Really worked wonders in that damp cold weather.
Hope you fell better ! :java

Cheers, Christian B)

Okay, I'll bite:

What is 'gluhwijn' and why is it so good for a throat?

Magnus is right!

Glühwein is a heated red wine with spices like cinnamon other stuff and sugar.
You will find it A LOT at German Christmasmarkets.

You will hate it or love it.....I..erm.... :sick: [guess it's just a matter of taste]

Greetings,Ron.

I suppose that we don't have "Glühwein", here in Brasil... :hmmm

Today we took a trip to the south of the province I live in [Limburg]NL,
to test the new camera,a CANON POWERSHOT SX40 HS,in the field.

Allready used it on the latest pictures of the horse[Of boy and horse] in the F.F.Festival,and I can say that I really like this one on taking pics of models.

Well allready over 200 people died by the winterconditions in Europe,for the most part in the east,countries like Poland and Ukrain.Just 1 casualty in the Netherlands by now.
These winterconditions I really dislike! :sick:

Just the one good thing about the winter is,that you can take some nice pictures. :idonno
Here I leave the pics for you;

image001_28129winter1.jpg

image002winter2.jpg

image003winter3.jpg

winter4.jpg

winter5.jpg

winter6.jpg

winter7.jpg

winter8.jpg

winter9.jpg

Tonight -15 degree Celcius here where I live. :(

Frozenfeet greetings,Ron.

Good pictures Ron . Brrr looks cold. Just where did I last see that red wine anyhow ? :S

Cheers, Christian B)

Don't know that Gluhweine ( thanks for the spelling Ron ) has any medicinal worth . I didn't even care for the flavor.
What it is good for is to warm you up after you have beeing outside workingin the cold and your body needs warming up through and through .

Cheers, Christian

Today we took a trip to the south of the province I live in [Limburg]NL,
to test the new camera,a CANON POWERSHOT SX40 HS,in the field.

Allready used it on the latest pictures of the horse[Of boy and horse] in the F.F.Festival,and I can say that I really like this one on taking pics of models.

Well allready over 200 people died by the winterconditions in Europe,for the most part in the east,countries like Poland and Ukrain.Just 1 casualty in the Netherlands by now.
These winterconditions I really dislike! :sick:

Just the one good thing about the winter is,that you can take some nice pictures. :idonno
Here I leave the pics for you;

image001_28129winter1.jpg

image002winter2.jpg

image003winter3.jpg

winter4.jpg

winter5.jpg

winter6.jpg

winter7.jpg

winter8.jpg

winter9.jpg

Tonight -15 degree Celcius here where I live. :(

Frozenfeet greetings,Ron.

Lovely country side! Great pictures, thanks Ron. Stay worm. :drinks

I have a friend in Mostar in Bosnia who posted pics up of the storm they had for almost two days straight...and here we are in NY at the start of February with temps hovering around 40 and very little snow at all...I've even had to let the wood stove go out now and again as it has been too warm in the house! Guess I shouldn't complain...

Heck-- I haven't even put the plow and tire chains on my tractor yet...now I am afraid to for fear of getting hit with a big storm ;) Superstitious I guess...

Want to share some of those pictures ? It's the only way I like snow . :)

Sure man...for comparison sake-- these first two were taken back on the 27th of January-- looks much like it looks here in NY...and the last three are how it should be around here ;)
mostar2.jpg

mostar1.jpg

bosniasnow1.jpg

bosniasnow2.jpg

bosniasnow3.jpg

Interesting and cold. I have never been to Bosnia. I think it could be interesting.

Cheers, Christian B) Thank you.

Very cool pics. Love them all.
I'm sitting here with the beginnings of a nasty cold. Feel like death warmed over.
James

Back