• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Re: All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

MysteryGlue.jpg

Kenny, what is this bottle with what looks like a Gator label?

Regards,
Tamiya Extra thin in my own bottle. I have a work station that I made that included a drilled out spot for a bottle of tenax. I wanted to try some Tamiya Extra Thin so I put in the bottle I normally put plastic weld in.

That's a nice tool kit Kenny, I'm looking for inspiration for a tool box or organizer myself.

Bob I have a set of drawings from an old wood working magazine on building a tool box similar to that^ If ya like I'll shoot them to you or post them here- the authors give reprinting permission on the drawings so there is no danger of copyright infringement.

That is an old tackle box- Home Depot is the only place I have seen with one of these in stock-besides the plastic ones from the big box fishing store! though that old style mechanics box runs near 80 bucks!
It's not a tackle box. It's a sign painter's kit. When new, it came with pint paint cans and a mal stick to steady your brush hand. They still make them, but they are all aluminum now.

I stand corrected- you just don't see many tool boxes made of metal like that anymore.

Back on topic:

What am I doing today? I'm heading out to St. Crispin's Irregulars Hobby Monday to spend the day building models. I plan on getting the decals on my armored train so that tomorrow I can finish this model and have it ready for my IPMS meeting. I'll also be bringing several other models to work on as well. Progress pics will be posted later in my respective Threads...

Let's see what am I doing today. Basically just taking care of my wife who came down with the flu over the weekend. Fun times for me. Means more building time on the Aerosan :geek Or maybe playing some Dead Island :hmmm

Spent the last 24 hours on death watch for my wife's oldest horse. Seems he got colic and his insides are all twisted around. Took the day off in case we had to put him down but he is a fighter. I imagine within the week we will have to accept the inevitable but she is pretty torn up. Would appreciate any thoughts or prayers you guys might have...

Thoughts and Prayers Mike Hope it all works out.
JAmes

Well-- he passed in the night...so thankfully we didn't have to make the decision ourselves to put him down...I guess that's a mixed blessing. Thanks for your help and prayers everyone...

Sorry to hear this Mike, always tough situation to be in.

You stated he was old. Obviously loved as well. I am sure he knew it.

Regards,

Thanks everyone!

I've never know a more gentle horse...wise-- you could tell looking into his eyes he knew a lot more than he ever let on. We never really knew how old he was...his previous owner saved him from being auctioned off for meat...my wife got him right around the time we got married and he has given us and our children 13+ years of noble companionship...so he was well into his 20's.

34747_1529148312495_1348325168_31457973_4905807_n.jpg

RIP Patriot

No matter if it is members of the family or friends or pets, it's always so hard when they pass away, Feel for you and your family Mike!
I started the day at 4 this morning, had to chase down the trampolin that took to the air and smacked into my car. :(
Tomorrow i have a date with carglass for a new windscreen.....well i'm glad it was just the car, no one is hurt (more than my wallet ofcourse, get nothing from the insurrance)
//Mats

Mike, that was a fine looking steed. He truly was a special horse. My prayers with you and your family.

I also envy you your very lovely children; that is one joy I missed in this life.

Mats, as you said; at least nobody was hurt. I'm glad to hear that part.

Sorry about this Mike! :( Our thoughts are with you guys.

Terry :(

Back