• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Re: All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

Way to go Gator and Congrats Adam!

All I did was build some models yesterday and the day before. Proof coming later today in my Progress Threads in Ground Power and Wesendorf Field...

Not a whole heck of a lot - the holiday slow down has commenced.

Keep on truckin' Chad, you should be into the holiday slowdown also.

Drove up to Greenville to meet up with Mike and Chris to do some preturkey shoppin' and pilligin' of the hobby stores. SCORED at the Woodcraft with a nice new maglight thing. Also preparing a care package for return to sender...:mpup

I will be home Thursday.Then I deliver a load 50 some miles away on Friday.Then back home. Then go back out next Wed.Most,if not all,Kelloggs and Keebler plants shut down on major holidays.

Keep on truckin' Chad, you should be into the holiday slowdown also.

Drove up to Greenville to meet up with Mike and Chris to do some preturkey shoppin' and pilligin' of the hobby stores. SCORED at the Woodcraft with a nice new maglight thing. Also preparing a care package for return to sender...:mpup

What did I do today?

My bench has been troubling me lately. It's about 6-7 foot long and I've found myself hanging on the end of it about to fall off. Been thinking about the sctrach build stuff and thought having a straight edge to work with would be cool so I put the drafting table top back on my workbench.

shop1.jpg

Before

shop2.jpg

During

shop3.jpg

progress

I know it doesn't look like much but it is progress. Got the paints sorted..somewhat. Still not sure what i'm going to do for an actual work bench yet. I need to organize those shelves on the back wall and if it feels right that's where I may do my thing.

shop4.jpg

Here's the drafting machine thingy that came with the desk, I have a general idea how it works, looks like it needs to be calibrated and I got all sorts of assorted rulers for it. Now to get it finished.

Nice drafting table Bob. You may want to go to Dick Blick Art Supply and get you a cover for the top.

Board Covers

I've always had one on my drafting table.

NICE! thanks Kenny, I was just looking into that, the wood is not smooth enough to draw on and I wasn't sure who would have what I need. Never would have thought Dickblick (who thought up that name?)

NICE! thanks Kenny, I was just looking into that, the wood is not smooth enough to draw on and I wasn't sure who would have what I need. Never would have thought Dickblick (who thought up that name?)
I know. Our purchasing agent snickers every time I order something from them. When you get it in, make sure you roll it up in the opposite direction and let it sit for a week. If you don't, you'll have a bear of a time getting it to lay down right.

I felt the tremor in the Force, all the way up here! Quite a transformation, Young Bob! :notworthy :notworthy

Now I have to tackle that back wall and figure out all that important stuff we're storing down there.

Interview, dropped off resume to 2 more places, did shopping, tiny amount of modeling. What a day.
JAmes

Wondering how a bit amount of water in the electric point can turn a whole house in complete darkness!
:gogo :gogo :hmmm

Hi Ron. Here's my theory ...

That's why after so many years we still have both electricians and plumbers. The two don't mix.

Cheers, Christian B)

:laugh: We have electroplumbers around here,Christian..... :laugh:

No,it was just me being stupid.Filling the coffeemachine with water in a hurry,while there is an open electric point just behind the coffeemachine....and then there was darkness! :bang head

good thing there is fuses and ground circuit breakers!!
Drink beer instead of coffe it's safer :D
//Mats

I"m getting my santa hat on and heading to the USP store. :dance

Yeah, but that calls fro refrigeration....Which requires electricity :java

Back