• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Very nice John.

I've been toying with the idea of backlighting a large ocean wave with a U-boat peeking out, so I'm trying out some things.

Unfortunately I tried to stretch my leftover silicone too far, so the mold has to be redon, but at least I have a test bed while I wait on new materials.

Heres the sculpture and then the first pull in clear resin. I paiting the green from the back and a quick blast of grey of the U-boat hil from the front. Then some dry brushing white and microballoons.

he58a92d.jpg

h4419190.jpg

Jeff,

whatever you are doing, it looks really good to me. Everything in modeling is an experiment! I ewally like how it looks so far!

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Bob

Hi friends! How are you?

Better later than never, wish to you and your family a great year of 2020.

I'm completely out of workbench, only organized my kits on free time at holidays.
Now getting back to study, new projects ahead taking all free time. :frantic :bang head
So when time allow, I get around. :salute

Cheers and keep modelling.

Art

Hi friends! How are you?

Better later than never, wish to you and your family a great year of 2020.

I'm completely out of workbench, only organized my kits on free time at holidays.
Now getting back to study, new projects ahead taking all free time. :frantic :bang head
So when time allow, I get around. :salute

Cheers and keep modelling.

Art

You´re welcome my friend!

Luiz.

Very nice John.

I've been toying with the idea of backlighting a large ocean wave with a U-boat peeking out, so I'm trying out some things.

Unfortunately I tried to stretch my leftover silicone too far, so the mold has to be redon, but at least I have a test bed while I wait on new materials.

Heres the sculpture and then the first pull in clear resin. I paiting the green from the back and a quick blast of grey of the U-boat hil from the front. Then some dry brushing white and microballoons.

he58a92d.jpg

h4419190.jpg

Fantastic Jeff!

Luiz.

I finally did some rearranging and made an studio area for model pictures. Plus this is showing my Betty that I have been on for the last couple of months.

Looks good Paul! I will be looking forward to seeing your Betty build!

My work space needs to be cleaned up again. Too much crap and not enough table surface. (If it is flat I pile stuff on it)

Looks good, Paul, the setup and the Betty. You may have noticed I just finished one, great kit.

I used a fabric backdrop at first, but settled on a roll of paper made by Pacon called Rainbow Colored Kraft. I made a PVC frame with a 1/2 metal conduit pipe across the top which holds a roll of the paper. The paper comes in a 36 inch roll 100 feet long and when it gets messed up I just cut it off and roll some more off. If I'm not using it I put the roll back in the box and pull apart the pvc pipe and stack it out of the way.

IMGP0388.jpg

IMGP0389.jpg

IMGP6771.JPG

That is on heck of a good idea! Maybe I can set up something when we move. The Man Closet doesn't have the room...

:good:

Looks good, Paul, the setup and the Betty. You may have noticed I just finished one, great kit.

I used a fabric backdrop at first, but settled on a roll of paper made by Pacon called Rainbow Colored Kraft. I made a PVC frame with a 1/2 metal conduit pipe across the top which holds a roll of the paper. The paper comes in a 36 inch roll 100 feet long and when it gets messed up I just cut it off and roll some more off. If I'm not using it I put the roll back in the box and pull apart the pvc pipe and stack it out of the way.

IMGP0388.jpg

IMGP0389.jpg

IMGP6771.JPG

My frame is a 7 foot sectional frame that I use for used for portraits, John. As far as that paper roll doo hickey I think I could use something like that.

Looks good. I use a similar system. I have a foam core “U” that has a high quality photo back dropwith a gradient I use for final photos, and over top of this I have a roll of butchers white paper I use for in progress shots, tear off when needed and roll away when needed.

No laughing at the figures. You have to start somewhere. Yes, I've read all the books....

Tamiya's 1/48 Kurogane, for the Betty. The guy with the Samurai sword is standing up in the Betty's cockpit now, somewhere I saw a picture like that.

005kurogane.jpg

Somewhere in this photo is my next (non-Group Build) project...

h3ab4b14.jpg

Haven't a clue what I want to do, but as I've done three or four AFV kits on the run, then needs to be a car or aircraft build. Won't be starting until the kids go back to school after the [too] l-o-n-g summer hols, but whatever I decide it's going to be a 'max-effort' build.

Stay tuned.

Ian.

Back