• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Nothing special just thought I'd show what's on my Painting Bench since it's the end of the year... :coolio

h1352afe.jpg

:v

Wow, great work on the computer Paul. Glad you got it upgraded. Love the puppy pic too!

Eric, looking good!

Here's what's on my bench for the first day of this year:

What_sontheBench_1-1-2020_I.jpg

I'll be starting another Maddog Manufacturing Thread for 2020. Stay tuned for more New Year factory tours!

Nearly done with the Meng Sherman...was not a fan of the indie links that has to be built
..only did one side and used a spare rubber band set for the other side...did this up as a 761st Tank Batallion beast. Really love the decal scheme with all the crew's personalized positions. Kit came with a resin set of sandbag armor for the front and sides that'll cover it all up so I took these for posterity...

h30d837a.jpg

h12c0a6a.jpg

ha278c08.jpg

Been working on a group build for my local club meeting due mid February.

Its a 1/48 Eduard BF 108-B

decided to open one side of the engine bay to show off the spectacular little Argus engine included (like Luiz had done on his)

he4eba21.jpg

hc5fcfd1.jpg

then I assembled and painted the engine and interior

hdc430fe.jpg

Finally getting some filth on this Modelcollect T-72 AV

IMG_1965.JPG

IMG_1966.JPG

IMG_1973.JPG

That's all for now on my 30 day project, almost a year later :idonno

Keep up the great work guys

Been working on a group build for my local club meeting due mid February.

Its a 1/48 Eduard BF 108-B

decided to open one side of the engine bay to show off the spectacular little Argus engine included (like Luiz had done on his)

he4eba21.jpg

hc5fcfd1.jpg

then I assembled and painted the engine and interior

hdc430fe.jpg

Thank you my friend for the mention...good lucky in your project ! :good: , here it is :

Calling this done...until my figures come from Japan...

hdd47aa5.jpg

h75affdb.jpg

hd97bfab.jpg

h8b8dc0b.jpg

And in between waiting for things to set or dry on the Dauntless, I'll be working on this next:

h541f13e.jpg

Having a hard time getting motivated and only a few days of vacation left. Working on the Faun, 2 Pz IIDs and a Kfz 13. Unfortunately its all going so slow.
James

Having a hard time getting motivated and only a few days of vacation left. Working on the Faun, 2 Pz IIDs and a Kfz 13. Unfortunately its all going so slow.
James

It's better to be going slow than not to be going at all.

You know what they say about vacations?

"A vacation consists of 2 weeks, after which you are 2 tire 2 return 2 work but 2 broke not 2."

Cheers

I hear ya James! Had a week off around Jan 1 myself and just couldn't get the Mojo going to do anything much.

I did get the rivet work done on the P-38 and the booms mounted and the tail feathers (which had some real problems) While it is an OK kit I really find I like 1/32 and 1/35th. Debating on setting it aside as the tweaks I had to do on the tail caused some other minor problems which I worked around, but there is a big fit problem with the horizontal stabilizer. If you line up the front edge, the back sticks out too far, if you line up the rear the front sticks out about 1mm beyond the fairing on the boom. Then the rudders have some issues as well. Plus both vertical stabilizers were tilted to the right and had to be heated and twisted to vertical. Kind of just sucked as far as I am concerned.

Anyway it is getting close to just throwing paint at it to finish it. At this point I don't care much what happens with this kit as the tail misfit problems pretty much are aiming it at the 13 file with my minimal incentive to finish it.

The trouble is your vacations are too short. By the time you decompress enough to enjoy goofing off with models it's time to go to work again. That's why you lose the needed Mojo. I've been retired for 11 years and although a lot of my time gets claimed by other things, I don't have that deadline and I think it makes a big difference.

Another one hit the bench today, the Betty needs a rest so the paint can harden and I'm waiting for some paint from Sprue Bros that I need for the next steps on it.

Here's the bench as it was a few hours ago. Sprues have been assaulted, glue has been slung.

0081f84.jpg

And the resting Betty:

0241g4m.jpg

Back