• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Great to hear from you Jeff! The armor build looks great! I would never post from a phone, too much hassle, I have a tablet with a keyboard that works well for me. Take care!

That is a magnificent model Jeff, you got me fired up to bring out more of my Russian tanks to do! I'm glad you're at least peeking in now and then, enjoy all those times with your daughter; they will be over too soon.

Been working on my anniversary build this weekend since winter break has started. About to close this all up but you'll see enough with the open canopies...adding some Value Gear sea bags to the fuselage compartment...just need to add a few USN stencils a la Archer transfers...paint still drying on them now though.

hb31922c.jpg

h9382c3d.jpg

h989cab2.jpg

ha6a96d2.jpg

h8966686.jpg

h5c85cf1.jpg

No real update this week but have been busy. I think this is the first time I was using all of my workspaces at once. :hmmm

h9fbe704.jpg

:v

I actually touched plastic last night. :blink

Curiosity got the better of me and I "had" to crack open the SA-11. Because you know, I don't have enough started/not finished kits laying about. :smack

I will say though, I do like Meng's approach to individual plastic track links. Still a bit time consuming (mostly cleaning links), but far less tedious than the Dragon half track I'm building.

I have been doing some small amounts of work on my P-38, but have not been able to really just sit down and get after it. Maybe this weekend.

Plus Sunday is March 1 and time for M M M to get started!

It's also my birthday and I'll be celebrating by entering models in the Pasadena Valleycon that day. Maybe I'll find something in the vendor room or win something in the raffle to do for M M M. It would be nice to finish something for that for once.....

It's also my birthday and I'll be celebrating by entering models in the Pasadena Valleycon that day. Maybe I'll find something in the vendor room or win something in the raffle to do for M M M. It would be nice to finish something for that for once.....

Happy Birthday Mark .... In Advance .... where do I sign up for March Madness 2020, all I find is MMM 2019 ... ???

A track has been assembled. I'll probably start up a thread for it once I have a bit more to show for.

Watch out at Valleycon. The judging is pretty inconsistent and it looks to me that the host club has a distinct home field advantage. I'll be there as a vendor this year.

Watch out at Valleycon. The judging is pretty inconsistent and it looks to me that the host club has a distinct home field advantage. I'll be there as a vendor this year.

Anytime that a hosting club allows entries of their members builds in the general contest, it is always suspect. There should be members only fields and in a large contest no member entries in the public fields.

Have a Happy Birthday Mark!

Rob, thanks. Let me know what vendor table you're at; I'll stop by. I plan on bringing a lot of scratch to obtain some good birthday presents! As for the judging, I already know how inconsistent it is and I don't mind. If I place; great! If not, no big deal. I'm there to have fun and look at tons of models while showing off some of my latest works. I find that a lot of times I see models at Valleycon that never some to an IPMS-sponsored contest.

Paul, our Orangecon here in SoCal; which is considered one of the fairest and most unbiased judging; allows members to enter. Our judging makes us one of the premiere model contests in SoCal. We make certain that anyone entered in a category does not judge that category; furthermore we strictly adhere as closely as possible to IPMS Nationals judging standards. Not that they are perfect; but unlike Valleycon and some other contests in the past, we rarely have any complaints about how the judging went. We strive hard for that reputation.

I met 'The Duke' in person yesterday at Valleycon. He graciously gave me a tour of all of his entries into the contest. I was impressed by both the quantity and quality of his builds. In fact, I was a bit embarrassed for having only entered one model. The show itself seemed to run smoother than it had in the past. I was satisfied with how I did as a vendor and I managed to eke out a third place with one of my car models. I did notice that some of the aircraft and ship categories were rather short of entries.

Thanks guys! These birthday wishes are most appreciated. I did have a fantastic day; I spent it at the Pasadena Valleycon where I won a Bronze for one of my ships in the 1/700 scale ships category. I also scored five raffle prizes; almost all of which will be offered for sale since none are in my preferred scale. I did score a number of fantastic deals on stuff I wanted and other stuff that caught my eye; as soon as I can find time to take the pics I'll post them all.

Overall it was a fantastic show. The host club even gave me a Birthday present from the unclaimed Raffle prizes!

Meeting Rob was fantastic. We had some great conversations and he showed me his exceptional car. That simply confirmed for me that I should continue to stay out of that category! I'll still build any cars that catch my eye, but no competing with them.

It truly was a fantastic birthday!

Back