• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Another Tamiya AFV happening in Middle Earth:

hfb95251.jpg

h8eb8bea.jpg

Ian.

:soldier

Nice work Man!

I joined a 4 day Turkey Shoot build with the Mt. Mansfield Modelers group and did the Batman 1989 Batmobile, complete with lights. Excuse the wires as I have yet to figure out a base...

h944399f.jpg

hd4c91c0.jpg

h4c6cdbf.jpg

hb9eb889.jpg

Nice work Man!

I joined a 4 day Turkey Shoot build with the Mt. Mansfield Modelers group and did the Batman 1989 Batmobile, complete with lights. Excuse the wires as I have yet to figure out a base...

h944399f.jpg

hd4c91c0.jpg

h4c6cdbf.jpg

hb9eb889.jpg

Nice. I think you are the only one who finished!

I just got the Flyhawk Bismarck today. It has to be the most impressive kit I've ever seen. Details so fine in styrene, I truly didn't think possible. Then add 8 frets of PE and turned barrels and mast (all for $37) and my jaw dropped.

Honestly, the detail might be too fine to show through paint. Theres no way it can be primes and painted.

I put together one of the Arado. You can build it with wings out or folded. Look at the detail on these tiny 8 pieces of plastic. I'm either going to love it or lose my mind.

You can see why I worried about paint, I'm really curious to see how much of those panel lines and detail will last after paint. I'm think I'll need to perfect the art of paint thinning.

hc8addb1.jpg

hb43a7c8.jpg

Tried doing this for a 48 hour speed build on another site but didn't make the deadline. I need to do these speed builds once in awhile to keep the mojo going. Italeri's 1/72 Hetzer. Yes, I know the spare tack is upside down but there was zero detail on the other side so I called an audible.

hf5bfdf5.JPG

h7e849d9.JPG

I did a little upgrade on my computer. It is 3 years old and I replaced the motherboard about a year ago as it was having a gnarly time trying to do the post tests on boot up.

I had reached a point where it needed some more hard drive space and I wanted a blu-ray player so I could play movies on my 4k monitor.

Also purchased a bit of software to make the player actually play the movies. It will be nice having the capability to play movies and such on the 'puter in my bedroom.

h9a8e932.jpg

h1d874ed.jpg

Now to relax...

h4275432_2019-12-30.jpg

Back