• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Airbrush sourcing.

jknaus

Administrator
Does anyone know a good place to buy a new airbrush? I am looking for a Tamiya HG II or III. Although mine worked after the major cleaning I gave it the air pressure didnt feel right. Today while attempting to paint some more the air quit. Lots at the valve, but internally there is a problem. Its hooped. So if you can give suggestions I would appreciate it.
James

Is the Iwata HP-SB Plus a good buy? Anyone got one and have any comments on it? Thanks in advance.
JAmes

the only airbrush shops i know and order from are german ones - sorry!

the hp-sb is a great ab - you wouldn't do anything wrong with buying that one!

but IMNSHO the iwata eclipse sbs is absolutely sufficient for modelling purposes ... and cheaper in price whithout quality disadvantages!

Thanks Laura. I'm looking at those also now. Birthday is coming up so I think the wife and kids might splurge or assist in the next purchase.
James

James, I bought my Iwata online from a beauty supply company (used to airbrsuh nails). Great discount too. For many, they go to Bear Air.

I have an Iwata, two Badgers (get them to match the nickname), a Paasche, and an Aztek. The Iwata and the Badger Eclipse are the best.

Regards,

Oops, it is the Badger Renegade Velocity!

Renegade_Velocity_00.JPG

Renegade_Velocity_01.JPG

Renegade_Velocity_02.JPG

Renegade_Velocity_03.JPG

My mistake,

New Renegade bought. Now its hurry up and wait. Thanks to everyone who helped here and in PM. Appreciate it.
James

Hi Laura. I got a Renegade Velocity. Looked at the places people sent me. Looked on ebay. Choice between the velocity and an Iwata Eclipse. The Velocity ended up being the right price and the seller 100%. Plus a free 10ft braises hose thrown in free. My wife and kids are going t pitch in as an early birthday present.
James

Well I'm late to this but here is a place I found, I have not bought anything from them yet, prices do not seem all that bad.

http://www.tcpglobal.com/airbrushdepot/

maybe someone can use it.

Back