• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Aichi B7A2 Grace By Sword Model

Looking good Christian,

That sailor talk must be working if you're beating it into submission! Keep it up!

:popcorn

Well it is a Navy airplane but I don't know bad words in Japanese .

Actually not as bad as my original though. The marking bit goes a long ways . I did forget make a new sprue piece :rotf .

Tomorrow, I'll clean off the clear bits and soak them in Future . :drinks

Thanks Randy . Guess I've been fighting with them a long time but it's fun to have a good one now and then :D

Cheers , Christian B)

Hi guys and thank you for the warm fuzzies ! :D

This will most likely on the Grace for a while. The cockpit is done and the transparencies are drying.

cockpit_complte__003a.jpg

As you can see , antennae has been made and installed . Seat belts front and back.

cocpit_complte_002a.jpg

and some instruments for the bombardier :drinks

Gonna park it for a while so tha I can work on the other builds. Cheers, Christian

Tiny update . Started attaching the canopy pieces since I'm waiting on goodies for the Dinah.

Grace_glass_001a.jpg

Maybe more progress tomorrow :)

Cheers, Christian B)

That looks very cool. I'd do one in 1/32 if they came out. Looking at the wing to fuse fit the tab doesnt seem like enough. Will it hold up alright do you think once its joined?
James

Well, that's a perfectly good question . There's a very limited amount of plastic in the fuselage for pinning .

I guess I'll have to make sure I have a good mating surface between the wings and fuselage . Hope it'll melt sufficiently .

If not, I'll just have to come up with a plan B. :sick:

Thanks for looking in :)

Cheers, Christian B)

Thank you everyone ! :) This one is sitting while I work on the Dinah but tonight while some paint cures I'll post a small update to this beast.

The wings went on pretty well but even with my best efforts I still wound up with this nasty gap on the right wing :(

KI-46_paint_011_a.jpg

But soon I overcame that when on the way to the garage it broke off my paint stick and took a spiral toward the floor.
Fortunately my past soccer experience saved it from a brutal landing. Minus a tail plane.

Repaired , I primed it . Now it sits waiting for more paint . :D

KI-46_paint_013_a.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Christian B)

Kick save and a beauty!

Here's a couple of Grace to lift the morale.

Grace.jpg

Grace_Kelly.jpg

I wondered where that loud burst of curses I heard yesterday came from. :laugh: Carry on! :pilot

Nice save Chris!

Thanks guy . Lucky to have saved it . This is a heavy model for it's size.

This is the second time I've had this problem with a Jap plane in this part of the house.

I need to look into the Boiling Springs triangle and figure out the gravity surge.

Not all was lost in last year's George disaster . Pieces are being used for the Dinah paint test . :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Back