• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Adventures in 3D Printing. Panzers and Fantasy

Can I order a set of pews(benches) from you for my church? I think I'd need six or seven. I'd ask for an altar but that one in the pic doesn't quite work for a Catholic church.
Available Church pews (Anglican Church and a bit smaller in 1:76th scale):

Click to see and order...

Regards,

Okay I was at witts end. While I can print now all of the prints are failing. I tried new settings I should use and the old settings. All the same. I was ready to throw in the towel but after cleaning up I looked over and saw my clear resin. It's only an hour and a half print, why not one more just because I hate to give up. Tried some clear green resin and now have 4 idlers of each of the 7 types that Kai has released.
Idler_4holes_late
Idler_6holes_late
8holes_late
8holes_ribs
Idler_BMM_early
Idler_BMM_mid
Idler_Skoda_mid
Finally something good after almost 3 weeks of failures.
DSC09369.JPG
DSC09370.JPG
DSC09371.JPG

Now I have a print of a merchant and an Anubis type priest printing. Tomorrow morning I will know how that went.

Mark let me see how the prints go and if it works and you dont mind clear green I might be able to do something.
James

Sounds good James, as long as the green can be painted over no worries. Saul also sent a link to purchase some pews too. I need to look into those and some stained glass windows to add to some of the windows in my church.

Thanks for the link James! That was quite fascinating! I know that Shapeways can print in metals and other composites, but this is a new thing.

awesome-minions.gif

These are really interesting James! Investing in one of these printers might have to happen some day!

Do you know if you had the software and a scale drawing, could you pretty much print anything? Two aircraft I would really like to see in 1/48 someday are a Do 18 and a Do 26. I wonder if this would be a way to make that dream come true.

:hmm:

These are really interesting James! Investing in one of these printers might have to happen some day!

Do you know if you had the software and a scale drawing, could you pretty much print anything? Two aircraft I would really like to see in 1/48 someday are a Do 18 and a Do 26. I wonder if this would be a way to make that dream come true.

:hmm:
Pretty much. If you have the skill to draw it in 3D it can be printed. It really is the way of the future I think.

Way cool. I just found a place which does not only kits but sells STL files. A lot of very interesting stuff and I think a strong USN theme.
I'm going to order a few things and see how they look. So something for anyone who isnt bored of this topic yet to look forward to.
Some examples.

REMJ_1_35+725+Tiger+1+latel+tracks+roller++1.png

James
I like the look of the Tiger track roller. Will this be available to purchase in 1/35 from you?

Okay I will apologise for the pictures right up front, but this has been a painful busy week and I have not the patience to really take great pictures. Sorry. Kai has released more files for the Panzerjager 38 (t) and I put some on to print yesterday and finally checked today. I will need to redo some of the items because I put supports in stupid places which will be next to impossible to clean up. Live and learn.I have teamed the parts up with the Academy Jagdpanzer 38 early parts and I think they look better. The road wheels are the 36 bolt pattern and look more in scale and better detailed. They are a bit thinner which goes with the scale. The arms look good and even by Kai's reckoning the Academy ones are good so its a toss up which I will use. There are adapters to fit the wheels on and Academy kit and more adapters are coming for the different model makers. There are 2 different springs. I am not 100% sure what the difference is. The 3D versions look way better than the kit ones though. Likewise the drive wheels look much nicer. One really big fix is the wheel mounts. The first ones he did were for the original Panzerjager 38s up to around number 200 I think? I am sure Saul will point out any mistakes I have made in my statements and hopefully I havent made to many blunders. I was going to put the pictures with each item but instead I will place them all at the end of this. As I said I do need to redo some things because I set them up wrong, but they should still show you what you can get. Before anyone asks, I am not a seller for Kai but someone is in negotiations I belive so they may be seen on the market sometime soon. Looking forward to more corrections and files from Kai. Again sorry for the poor quality pics but hopefully they are good enough to see what can be done.
DSC09379.JPG
DSC09380.JPG
DSC09382.JPG
DSC09383.JPG
DSC09384.JPG
DSC09385.JPG
DSC09386.JPG
DSC09387.JPG
DSC09388.JPG
DSC09389.JPG
DSC09390.JPG
DSC09391.JPG
DSC09392.JPG
DSC09393.JPG
DSC09394.JPG
DSC09395.JPG
DSC09396.JPG

The early bogies mounts are those open on the bottom allowing you to see the axles. The early spring mounts are those with the triangular opening. The road wheel with 32 fasteners (should be bolts) are also early.

Early Jagdpanzer 38 suspension:
jagdpanzer_38t_005.jpg

Early spring mount:
jagdpanzer_38t_009.jpg

Early bogie mount:
MVC-154F.jpg
jagdpanzer_38t_52.jpg
jagdpanzer_38t_50.jpg

One of Chwat's wheels preserved in the museum. Chwat was the Jagdpanzer 38 captured by the Polish Home Army and used against the Germans during the Warsaw Uprising.
!Chwatkolo2.jpg
!Chwatkolo1.jpg
!Chwatkolo3.jpg

I posted a reference resource on Jagdpanzer 38 road wheels here.

Regards,

Back