• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Adlertag!

Fantastic! even gear down it has an aggressive stance.

Saul you know she's having fun with this, she wouldn't be posting it if she wasn't!

i confess that i'm having fun with building a plane (again)

i confess that the bug has bitten me

i confess that building a bf-110 would be interesting

BUT

i'm really looking forward to build a tank again! i have three choices at the moment (after weathering the panther) - cyber hobby panzer 4 f with tons of am, dml panzer 38(t) with tons of am and alan panzer 2 ausf c (the small c version, not the C) with a bit of am and much freedom to pimp it myself ... the latter is my favorite at the moment!

here's a scan of the instructions, step 84! fernao - if you want to make the props moveable, you should make sure that only part F115 receices a tiny speck of glue at the tip that has to be inserted into part E210 and when mounting the props to the nacelles, only the outside of part F299 should receive a bit of glue!

all those arrows in the instructions can be kind of confusing and i want to spare you the :blink moment i had!

instructionscan.jpg

gnarfp! :S

over the last week i was preshading, applying the light blue, masking, applying the dark green, masking and applying the black green!

i tried to apply the colors as thin as possible to let the preshading shine through and you have to believe me - it looked good!

until i removed the masking (most of it since i still have to do a bit here and there!) ... the paintwork looks suboptimal and my only hope will be that te washing and filtering/fading will come to my help!

and as if the outcome of the paintjob wouldn't make me unhappy enough, the masking film left some nasty marks on several spots! i hope that those will vanish as soon as i apply the gloss coat!

the more i work on that plane the more my respect towards regular plane builders grows!

Das M - Sturzflug durch das Weltbild

splintercamo2.jpg

splintercamo1.jpg

splintercamo3.jpg

g060.gif

It looks like a faded war veteran! I don't see an issue other than the uneven sheen which is taken care of during the decal adding (gloss coat, decals, dull coat) process.

Regards,

I'll echo Saul. Once it is all melded together with gloss, then decaled then dulled down I think you will be quite pleased. Keep going Laura, shaping up nicely. (y) (y)
James

Laura I was in the air force for eight years and believe me your skin job looks spot on little sister.(y)

Tony Lee:)

it annoyed me that much that i touched the greens up!

much better now ... paint still wet in some areas (ten minutes old! ;) )

much, much better! :mpup

NOW the paint will tie together with some further weathering care!

splintercamo6.jpg

splintercamo5.jpg

splintercamo4.jpg

splintercamo7.jpg

You redid the green? And you think you are NOT an aircraft modeler? Ah, my sister... welcome home!
:kiss:

Regards,

oh come on - it looks good! after a shower with future, some conditioner and some make up - ah weathering - you know what I mean ;) - it'll look great. You even can do some minor post shading if you don't like some areas

Imperfect paint? That's what I always TRY to show! Looks like big, nasty Ju88 to me, and a fine one at that.

Cheers, Laura!
chuk

Back