• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Adlertag!

Looking good Laura. I was going to use yellow food colouring in future, but your way will work. looking forward to the paint. (y) (y)
James

Laura, it looks real good except for the seams on the tires. Will you be using one of my tricks? Putty smoothed with an alcohol moistened cotton swab is my recommendation. It minimizes sanding and you only need to concentrate on the tread valleys.

I think you are an aircraft modeler all along...

Oh, and thanks for the Mecano song. I remember meeting the lead singer (not in the video) in Manhattan once and she was a nice person. This is something I wish US citizens would do more, look at songs not in English so they can enjoy music from all languages (aside from Opera which still makes me cringe... forced to listen to it as a child and am scarred).

Regards,

don't worry about the tire seams saúl! i haven't sanded anything on the wings yet and will take care of all of them! rest assured! i will keep your tip in mind! sounds very helpful!

you met ana torroja? that's cool!

regarding opera - try to get rid of your fears it with hector berlioz's "the damnation of faust" ... it's a phantastic opera, beautiful music and only two hours long! (nothing compared to wagner!)

Well, I will look into that opera as my wife loves it. Bad enough I had to pay a lot to see ballet and my wife was elbowing me to keep me from snoring. Yes, I am a boor when it comes to these cultural events.
:evil:

Ana was quite 'mousy' in appearance but really a wonderful personality. not to mention that I love the Castillian accent especially when spoken by her voice.

Funny how my friends in the Czech Republic and family in Poland all love Julio Iglesias (his name translates to July Churches :silly: ), what about you?

Regards,

LOL - i can imagine your face when SWMBO will force you in black swan!

but when ballet bores you, try to listen tchaikovsky's 1812 overture as an alternative! that's one of the classic music compositions that beats the shit out of anything!

julio iglesias? bah! i'm more with luciano paravotti!

another recommendation to listen to would be ariel ramirez' 'misa criolla' (the only mass i ever enjoyed in my life! really catchy tunes and fun to listen to!)

luciano paravotti!

I do listen to the Tenors Pavarotti, Domingo, and Carreras as music, not as shows or operas. I amdmit to lving the music of Julio Iglesias and his son, Enrique, before he met Ana Kournikova.

Yet we are moving away from you Ju-88 build! :woohoo:

Misa Criolla from the Cathedral in Argentina performed by the Uruguayan troupe Los Fronterizos... blissful and of course a great way to fill a church. Here in the US, there are many Gospel churches with fabulous music as well.

Regards,

Now that we're into music (one of the great loves of my life! :dude ), I'd say that it pays off to be eclectic : I love Mozart, Haydn, Beethoven and the lot, but I also listen to The Allman Brothers Band, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Beatles, Jerry Lee Lewis, BB King, Led Zeppelin (IMO the greatest rock band ever! :ro: ), Italian music, Brazilian pop (listen to Caetano Veloso), The Charlie Daniels Band, and most recentently The Blue Band (I was introduced to it by Iron Mike ;) ). I could go on and on, but I think you guys got the picture. I even listen to opera! :D

But, puhlease, do not put me in a chair to watch ballet... just not compatible! :pinch: The 1812 Overture is amazing though! :notworthy

Cheers! B)
Fernao

EDIT: guess this is way off topic - if you feel like it Laura, please delete this post! :)

took a break from daily duty yesterday and pushed birdie forward!

almost done!

problems? yes! parts F61 and F62 needed to be trimmed to fit since the nacelles are in the way so that they couldn't align! anybody building this kit should watch out here!

Eisbrecher - Polarstern

almostdone2.jpg

almostdone1.jpg

almostdone3.jpg

g060.gif

indeed big! really big!

for size comparison together with a tanker figure and zvezda's panzerjäger 1:

almostdone5.jpg

almostdone4.jpg

for the photos i needed four photo-cardboards of the size 50x70cm (19,69x27,56 inches) to cover the background! four!!!

Love it (y) It keeps getting better and better and now that you can see her sleek lines, just awesome. Can hardly wait to see her sporting a cool cam job. Its hard to leave my 88 alone and concentrate on finishing what I'm already doing. Way to go Laura (y) (y) (y)

James

Time to paint REAL soon! Then the base, then weathering to tie it all in, then... bliss!

Regards,

A big bird that's going to be a pretty bird.

Nice work Laura!!

Terry B)

OMG... your's is a breathtaking pace, Laura! :eek:hmy: And what a nice build! Bring on the colors and it'll certainly be a stunning model! :dude

It's so fortunate for me that we still have 11 months to go...
phew.gif

Cheers and thanx for another tip! B)
Fernao

done! at last! finally! i'm through with basic construction ... now some more filling and sanding and then it's time for priming, preshading and painting - then it's returning to my beloved armor!

good news - making the spinners workable worked like a breeze and letting them rotate works also!

bad news - that only works with a lot of air pressure ... with a compressor and a lot of psi! brmpf!

Schneewittchen - Keine Schmerzen

done2.jpg

done1.jpg

done3.jpg

g060.gif

It looks like an angry bug, in other words... perfectly like a Junkers 88! C'mon, admit it... you are having fun.

Regards,

Back