• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Adeptus Mechanicus Ironstrider/Sydonian dragoon

I finally caught up with this one. Very nicely done, but my feeling is that the deep brass worked better. Your detail work is looking good, I'll keep watching this as you go along.

Thanks Guys ..... I'm glad you like my Work .... These really aren't that hard to work on ..... Painting and finding the pieces on the floor is the hardest job ..... Last night I started working on the strider rider ..... I dropped his torso on the floor actually my clamps launched Him ...... took 30 min of valuable time searching the Carpet Monster for Him ...... finally as I was giving up and frustrated .... I moved and set down a Bent Jig .... and a little torso was launched again so I saw were He went this time ..... The following is what my GWS account rep is sending me this time a walking tank of sorts ....

h7281b3c.jpg

Owing its origin to the lost knowledge of millennia, the Onager Dunecrawler is based on the Mars Universal Land Engine; itself inspired by the bad-tempered beasts of burden that transported their masters across Holy Terra in ancient times. The Onager Dunecrawler, rather than being a mere people-carrier, is absolutely brimming with advanced, powerful weaponry capable of reducing worlds to wastelands.

A light walking tank, the Onager Dunecrawler features four crab-like legs with optional amour plating. The armored cabin and reactor are complemented by a huge variety of modeling options, with searchlights, smoke launchers, cognis manipulators and mindscanner probes; and the cupola can be modelled closed or open, featuring a Princeps wielding a heavy stubber. You get a massive amount of configuration and customisation available even before applying weaponry.

On the subject of weaponry, included in the box are four variants: an eradication beamer, twin phosphor blasters with sensors, a neutron laser featuring a coaxial cognis heavy stubber or an Icarus array - an awesome anti-air assault package comprising twin autocannons, a Gatling flak launcher, an armour-piercing missile launcher and a radar dish.

another free-bee ...... :woohoo: :geek :eek:ldguy

That looks very very cool. (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Went to a game store in town that everyone whos reached puberty avoids. Saw some War Hammer and WOW what a price. One figure was $70.00 and they went up. I think I'll just enjoy them vicariously through you.
James

Ok Guys ..... now the cost doesn't mean anything if you want to win the war ...... you have to pay the price ..... that's how GWS regulates the gamers who have more money the more powerful the piece the higher the cost. This give the poor modeler a chance at winning ..... You can get 3 Orks Or three Space Marines for only $10 ..... The bigger or better equipped (weapons) game piece is more expensive ......

hbf47abe.JPG

The little torso that I lost & found & lost again ...... :eek:ldguy

h00e99be.JPG

He's all assembled except for His arms .... & head which I plan on magnetizing for weapons exchange ..... In case I'm out gunned .............

h7e5169e.JPG

hb17e24c.JPG

ha1cfb02.JPG

These are the different weapons for this guy ....... :eek:ldguy That's where I am ..... at the current moment ..... :eek:ldguy

Nice progress.

Re pricing: what about display pieces? Them are not for use in playing and yet they too are on the pricey side?

M

Nice progress.

Re pricing: what about display pieces? Them are not for use in playing and yet they too are on the pricey side?

M

Awwww but the structures are for the battlefield ..... and if a soldier is up on the forth floor of a building He can shoot further than one on the ground ...... I just got my Bolt Action stuff in I'll post it in the latest ack ............

Was looking at this again, so some poor chap has his fore arms and legs removed and is mounted into this contraption, while someone else rides it??

Very neat! :popcorn

Awesome construction by the way Gerry!

Was looking at this again, so some poor chap has his fore arms and legs removed and is mounted into this contraption, while someone else rides it??

Very neat! :popcorn

Awesome construction by the way Gerry!

Thanks warren ...... in this series of this game there seems to be lots of body parts used for different things .... like the Dreadnought ....

hfe5dd64.jpg

Thanks guys ...... did a little more today ..... I magnetized His Arms & Taser Lance ..... and worked on the Base ..... :eek:ldguy

hb54672a.JPG

I'll re-glue the leg ....... I was drillin too hard ...........

hfcecfec.JPG

hc1abb31.JPG

drilled torso for magnets ............ :eek:ldguy

h04c3f90.JPG

Put magnets in place .... I use CA for this ..... not sticking too good today ...... it dropped to 46 degrees last night ...... could be too cold ..... to set ...... :eek:ldguy

hca70c75.JPG

But they're strong little buggers ......... :eek:ldguy Lance is on there and I can change His weapon if necessary .......... :eek:ldguy

h0b198bc.JPG

h67ff0eb.JPG

h2aee472.JPG

he7312c9.JPG

Decided to do some work on basing Him since He's getting top heavy with the rider ....... :eek:ldguy ... Some detail resin for the bottom model ..... Basing is an art I cheat by using pre-cast detail & throw in some rocks .... :eek:ldguy

h537105a.JPG

h8c6c12e.JPG

Of Course I used Magnets to stick Him to the Base ......... :eek:ldguy

h8af4017.JPG

Just waiting on the glue to dry ................. :eek:ldguy

Update time ..... I've worked on base painting and I think I'm starting to like this base ...... the model (Ironsrider) is attached by Magnets and can be removed for stowage ...... :eek:ldguy

h32123e2.JPG

hc198d6b.JPG

ha6ab800.JPG

Paints used Martian Ironstone, leadblecher, rufang steel, brass scorpion, Nulin oil & Agrax Earthshade

hae5537d.JPG

painted Servitor driver & touch-up all over the place .......

h6be9686.JPG

Close-up of base ....... :eek:ldguy

Back