• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Adeptus Mechanicus Ironstrider/Sydonian dragoon

That's really coming to life! (y)

The magnets for optional weaponry are a neat idea! :good: But where do you get these micro-magnets from?

M

That's really coming to life! (y)

The magnets for optional weaponry are a neat idea! :good: But where do you get these micro-magnets from?

M

I do sell them but you can get them on ebay ..... they're Mag-craft rare earth magnets ....

hc988747.JPG

Well if your in the States it would be reasonable to ship them ..... but to SA or other places it is easier to get them from closer to home ..... :eek:ldguy

Good ol' Europe here so Ebay then. Thanks, Gerry, this might come in handy one day.

M

Well if you need any help or technically expertise let Me know .... if your going to equip a whole army with interchangeable weaponry ..... I suggest a model or one solder for a template to check the weapons against Him .... for correct magnetic polarity ..... then make all figs like him and make all weapons on Him .... :eek:ldguy

Thanks ...... Kenny ..... I'm glad you like it ..... I'm fixing to go and get on painting the rider and finishing up His weapons ....... :eek:ldguy

Working on the Twin-linked cognis auto-cannon ......

h6027379.JPG

Need to drill barrels

hebaa6b5.JPG

Center spot located .......

hfa861ab.JPG

I love this little yankee drill ................ :eek:ldguy

h218bfa9.JPG

hec4c35c.JPG

I made the holes bigger ....................

h529a5da.JPG

Started holes for magnets ............. That's all for now ....... :eek:ldguy

I always have trouble hitting center when drilling out barrels. I know the technique for drawing center but getting the drill bit to hit it and cut dead center? Nope...

Looks good Gerry.

Thanks MP ..... After you get your eyes synchronized ...... then you drill at a angle to get closer to center .... then stand drill up ..... I drill by eye ..... so I get off ever once in a while ... :eek:ldguy

For finding the center point for a drill, I always take a sharp needle and poke a slight hole first. If it is in dead center I then make it bigger. If it is't in center I adjust until I have it satisfactorily. This makes a pilot to get the the hole started and centered. I also have another needle that has been sharpened so that it has 3 sides on it coming to a point. On tiny stuff I can spin it and make a nice hole without spreading the plastic. Hmm another thing for my Tool Time thread.

For finding the center point for a drill, I always take a sharp needle and poke a slight hole first. If it is in dead center I then make it bigger. If it is't in center I adjust until I have it satisfactorily. This makes a pilot to get the the hole started and centered. I also have another needle that has been sharpened so that it has 3 sides on it coming to a point. On tiny stuff I can spin it and make a nice hole without spreading the plastic. Hmm another thing for my Tool Time thread.

:drinks

:drinks

:eek:hyeah :popcorn

Let's see I don't have Much right now ..... I worked on the other gun and had to move the magnet .... I will have trouble with arms that attach to either gun .... study this further .... I Must ..... :eek:ldguy

Back