• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Adeptus Mechanicus Ironstrider/Sydonian dragoon

Swordsman

I'll build this one as well ...... This intrigues my want to ... I've been doing these for some time now and I've gotten fairly good at the paint jobs ....... Well I'd just like to give this one a go ..... :eek:ldguy ...... I'm waiting on my paint from Squadron .... so I need to keep busy ..... :eek:ldguy

hc5bd9ea.JPG

So Here you Go I'm starting this little Walker Guy ...... And I've un-mothballed the Ork Viper also ..... I need to go and get on the heat pad ..... My back is killing Me ..... :eek:ldguy Is Pure D

I forgot the rest of the pictures .....

h6d15d82.JPG

h105d543_2015-04-13.JPG

h2437e2a_2015-04-13.JPG

This is the Strider ............................ :eek:ldguy

h6cb9fc5_2015-04-13.JPG

This is the Dragoon ............................ :eek:ldguy

h4f05a63_2015-04-13.JPG

I'll be using some pieces from this Basing kit as well ....... :eek:ldguy

h1a8a95e_2015-04-13.JPG

Then also ... I can't wait to open this new paint ...... Martian Iron Earth ...... it is one of their new cracking paint ...... :coolio Stuff wait till I get to that ...... :eek:ldguy

Well Guys & Gals ..... Wait no longer as the Geek has Hit the Fan with the second of my Geek Campaign builds ...... This one should be quick ............ :eek:ldguy

h40563f8.JPG

Give Me a leg up ..... no I mean Here's a leg .... with foot attached ..... :geek

hb47f9cd.JPG

hd0b2bbb.JPG

h0b21f71.JPG

Some little side stabilizers ..... For rocky terrain ??? ......... :geek This one is done ..... :eek:ldguy

h3e625ab.JPG

And the other leg now is ready ................. :eek:ldguy

he7f3a10.JPG

hfe8f4f8.JPG

Now for the main part ...... not much on this adeptus bunch Of Holigans ...... but this walker is very Brog in design ..... It also reminds me of George Lucas ......... machinery .... :eek:ldguy

h70a7f39.JPG

h5a62ace.JPG

I drilled the exhust pipe on one side I'll get the other soon ...... :geek

hd5763dd.JPG

h4440af2.JPG

I'm working on the pluming and all the connections to that guy who is part of this thing ...... :geek

h8e8e483.JPG

That is all for now back to the Bunker for more ...... building ...... Up on all twos next ...... :eek:ldguy

he84dd8c.JPG

h1768a0e.JPG

h02e90f8.JPG

I had Him up there last night ...... Just funning Ya'll ...... I've got some plumbing to do for the machine/human stuff ..... C-Ya in a bit ....... C & C Welcome ..... I'll be bringing home some primmer tonight ..... needs paint before much more goes on ...... :geek

Ok ..... Next Update ............ :soldier

h77400f9.JPG

h8ef02db.JPG

he744a98.JPG

ha68d3b3.JPG

I finished this guy ..... all plumbing for the Ironstrider ... is finished .... I put all the other bits on like the little round thingies' all the joins ........... and there's a funny spike sticking off the front leg .... knee joint ......

Well Guys & Gals ..... Wait no longer as the Geek has Hit the Fan with the second of my Geek Campaign builds ...... This one should be quick ............ :eek:ldguy

h40563f8.JPG

Give Me a leg up ..... no I mean Here's a leg .... with foot attached ..... :geek

hb47f9cd.JPG

hd0b2bbb.JPG

h0b21f71.JPG

Some little side stabilizers ..... For rocky terrain ??? ......... :geek This one is done ..... :eek:ldguy

h3e625ab.JPG

And the other leg now is ready ................. :eek:ldguy

he7f3a10.JPG

hfe8f4f8.JPG

Now for the main part ...... not much on this adeptus bunch Of Holigans ...... but this walker is very Brog in design ..... It also reminds me of George Lucas ......... machinery .... :eek:ldguy

h70a7f39.JPG

h5a62ace.JPG

I drilled the exhust pipe on one side I'll get the other soon ...... :geek

hd5763dd.JPG

h4440af2.JPG

I'm working on the pluming and all the connections to that guy who is part of this thing ...... :geek

h8e8e483.JPG

That is all for now back to the Bunker for more ...... building ...... Up on all twos next ...... :eek:ldguy

he84dd8c.JPG

h1768a0e.JPG

h02e90f8.JPG

I had Him up there last night ...... Just funning Ya'll ...... I've got some plumbing to do for the machine/human stuff ..... C-Ya in a bit ....... C & C Welcome ..... I'll be bringing home some primmer tonight ..... needs paint before much more goes on ...... :geek
Now that is really chicken legs :woohoo: :popcorn

The price of Styrene is relative to the price of Oil ...... all plastic kits are high .... some as I have found in building the higher priced stuff ..... is about three time the quality of a cheap kit ...... like the other day a guy comes into the store .... sees a flatcar with a load $22.97 marked on it. zGoes into a Rant I won't pay That much money for a piece of rolling stock ..... well I just checked that car is 29.00 + plus 8.90 shipping ..... I guess I had a deal after all ...... showing MSRP ...... :eek:ldguy

Okay so how big is this thing? Like how tall? Also what do these cost? I tried looking on line but didnt see where they are sold. Do you use regular cement for these, like Tamiya green cap? Thanks in advance.
James

Okay so how big is this thing? Like how tall? Also what do these cost? I tried looking on line but didnt see where they are sold. Do you use regular cement for these, like Tamiya green cap? Thanks in advance.
James

Ok James ..... the walker is about 4 & 1/2 inches or about 11Cm .... the cost MSRP is $$9.00 ...... Sold by www.Games-workshop.com ..... or try the following link ......

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-40-000?N=102352+4294965871&Nu=product.repositoryId&qty=12&sorting=phl&view=table&categoryId=cat440130a-flat ......

I use the old school Testors orange tube glue ..... takes skill ..... butt I just cut my teeth on it ..... :eek:ldguy

h77c5ffe.JPG

hfb696da.JPG

h9565e83.JPG

hc4bed9c.JPG

I have put a coat of primer on it ...Need more surface work ... I think I'll do some filling ..... Dave won't be Happy unless I use some putty ...... Oh and James the scale is 28mm .... maybe 1/56 not sure ..... :eek:ldguy

Thanks for looking in Luiz ...... glad your impressed ..... :eek:ldguy

Back