• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A Shelf Queen - TriMaster Fw-190 A8 R11 Night Fighter - Finished

Heavens Eagle

This is a build I started shortly after getting interested and back into modeling. It was a kit that had been in my stash since the late 80's It is a true TriMaster kit Not the later Dragon repop.
This build was started for a night fighter group build on the Fine Scale Modeler forum. I was really new to all of this back then. The old posts were really busy and crude. The old photos were also quite low resolution. Nothing like what we have today even on our phones.

Going through the process of reviewing the old original posts and redoing them to my current format took a lot of work and made me dig a bit deeper into the programs I use to do it. It also reminded me of all that was done to this kit in the process and made me really look it over closely. Most of it I would do the same way today. There are some things that will have to be addressed and corrected. A lot of that is just doing some paint work and getting the final details dealt with.

Anyway here is the start, and an initial test for uploading and all. If this goes well I have 3 more posts to follow ASAP to get it all up to present.

Here we go!
Fw190 A8-R11-01.jpg

Fw190 A8-R11-02.jpg
Fw190 A8-R11-03.jpg
Fw190 A8-R11-04.jpg
Fw190 A8-R11-05.jpg
Fw190 A8-R11-06.jpg
Fw190 A8-R11-07.jpg
Fw190 A8-R11-08.jpg
Fw190 A8-R11-09.jpg
Fw190 A8-R11-10.jpg

More to come in short order.

OK, I have the next photos all prepped and ready for upload so here we go.

Fw190 A8-R11-11.jpg
Fw190 A8-R11-12.jpg
Fw190 A8-R11-13.jpg
Fw190 A8-R11-14.jpg
Fw190 A8-R11-15.jpg
Fw190 A8-R11-16.jpg
Fw190 A8-R11-17.jpg
Fw190 A8-R11-18.jpg
Fw190 A8-R11-19.jpg
Fw190 A8-R11-20.jpg

Definitely easier than the old forum, but I had it down to a fairly quick process as well. Enjoy! Still more to come!

Part 3! I hate huge long posts with a lot of photos, so I always break mine down to about 10 photos per post. Interesting thing is the original posts the pics were 1280 x 720 and were busy as could be. One photo then covered as much as two or three now. The thing is what I post now is easier to follow.

Here are some more.
Fw190 A8-R11-21.jpg
Fw190 A8-R11-22.jpg
Fw190 A8-R11-23.jpg
Fw190 A8-R11-24.jpg
Fw190 A8-R11-25.jpg
Fw190 A8-R11-26.jpg
Fw190 A8-R11-27.jpg
Fw190 A8-R11-28.jpg
Fw190 A8-R11-29.jpg
Fw190 A8-R11-30.jpg

Soooo, this last week after finishing the Do-335, I just HAD to clean up and put up all the crap I had out. It was so bad I was having trouble finding the tools and supplies that were right in front of me. EVERY flat surface was covered!

Fw190 A8-R11-40.jpg
Fw190 A8-R11-41.jpg
Fw190 A8-R11-42.jpg
Fw190 A8-R11-43.jpg
Fw190 A8-R11-44.jpg
Fw190 A8-R11-45.jpg

That is where I am today. I still have some more clean up in the rest of the house to do. Not sure if we will head back to work on Wednesday or not this week. The last couple of weeks have flown by. I guess time flies when you are busy and having fun.

Thanks 125.jpg

git'er one Paul! 🍿

That's the whole point Bob! It "shouldn't' take too long to finish though I tend to work slow.

Nice work Paul! Doesn't look like there's a whole lot left to complete

Thanks for looking in Warren. The new photos I took today seem to show some thin paint that appears a tan tone to it. Also there is some work on the outer machine gun ports. I covered the holes with white Evergreen. Not sure what I was doing or planning. I know there are supposed to be big holes around the gun barrels (from reference pics) Just not sure what I was planning. Also I have 3 rear canopies. I think the kit came with one, I robbed one from and Eduard kit as when the canopy is slid back it is also narrower. Again I am not sure what was going on there.

Quite an evolution Paul... looking forward to more! I've got to take this opportunity to get caught up on some old projects myself...

Quite an evolution Paul... looking forward to more! I've got to take this opportunity to get caught up on some old projects myself...

Thanks Mike! It looks like we are now quarantined at home for two more weeks. The last 2 weeks have been fairly productive and most of the clean up and put up is done as well. Unless I get distracted, I should be able to make some real progress on my builds.

I have a Dragon Trimaster Fw 190D-9 repop that has been on my SOD for quite a while, I pulled it out a couple years back and found that the cockpit had broken loose inside the fuselage. It was around this time I was become frustrated with the detail level and my ability to work with kits as small as 1/48 scale fighters that pushed me into ditching most of them in favor of 1/32 scale kits, I still have a few in the stash though.

I agree with you Gary, it is the level of detail that I love about the 1/32 scale kits that has me only buying them these days. In fact I have a number of kits that need to find a new home and should get them listed. For the most part they are decent kits. I just am not interested in building them any more.

Great Job Paul. I am so happy you are in such a German mood. Keep'em coming or better said: mach weiter so!

I love your PPT presentations - you could give a Seminar with that material .

Cheers

Alex

The power point criticism and non constructive negative criticism is what burned my britches on another site. We don't really want to go there.

Sorry I can't do the artwork ladies like Chuck used to. My art doesn't work that well.

Hey Paul,

I am so sorry if my PPT comment did not go down well. I really enjoy your extremely well demonstrated and thorough Explanations - it is a great material whenever I should model a similar FW.

All is well, I guess we are on the declining Phase of the curve and some European countries are beginning to open up. There is always the risk of a second wave but I hope the worst has passed. Please stay safe.

Cheers

Alex

Back